Extra Slot for mastering plugins

Hello PG,

I am using silence plugin as default on my first slot to avoid the cut from the beginning of the file.

It takes space tho it doesn’t do anything useful in audio terms.

Would be great to set the silence interval in preferences and forget it.

Maybe its possible to implement this feature?

This would help so much and I will be able to insert extra eq or compressor if needed.

Regards
Denis

I am using silence plugin as default on my first slot to avoid the cut from the beginning of the file

What do you mean with “to avoid the cut from the beginning of the file” ?

Philippe

I mean if I dont use silence plugin and the track starts with a sample like kick, it gets cut few milliseconds in the final master. I use external plugin in the chain. It is safer to have some silence before the first sample gets processed so nothing is lost.

Regards
Denis

Apart from the possible problem in using external gear (it was discussed before), I think it’s good common practice to have some silence at the start of the audio file anyway. I’ve always used a value of 100ms silence before any signal starts - it also prevents those first sounds to get lost in picky MP3 players or CD-players.

Yeah I totally agree. I have around 400 ms and better cut it after the file is processed.

In other terms, you would like a new render option to add a few milliseconds of silence, rather than using a plugin for this. Right?

Yeah, would be cool to free the slot from silence plugin for other processing plugin and have such option in audio preferences or some way you think its logical.

Does this make sense for you PG?

Cheers
Denis

Why not. I note the idea.

Thanx PG, Looking forward to it!

When is the next update planned?

Hi PG,

did you try this Silence Plugin idea in 8.0.3 update? Or is it planned for later updates?

Regards
Denis

did you try this Silence Plugin idea in 8.0.3 update? Or is it planned for later updates?

8.0.3 was only about but fixes.
This idea is noted for a future big version.

Thank you for reply PG!

Have a nice day!

is that optional and variable if so great