Extracting Parts

No problem at all, Alex. I must admit, when I read your footer I just thought “bl**dy h*ll - pick up the phone and call Daniel at Steinberg. He’ll be more than happy to help JoAnn Kane get on board with Dorico!”

Re: Derrek’s response, the big problem is that while Dorico 2.0 has nailed Divisi, it hasn’t quite got to Condensing (the opposite) yet. It’s nigh-on impossible to have one project that has condensed staves in the score and separated-out parts, without duplicating instruments and data. For the time being it probably is safer to have a score project that one copies from, and separate part-only projects that one copies into. I guess it’s possible to duplicate the score project and work on the parts within that project, but it’s still going to involve a load of duplicate instruments that only show in the parts.

My thought was that if each part-copyist had a copy of the complete score, then cue’s would be easy to add and adding separate staves for splitting a part into players 1 & 2 would be easy enough for the parts copyist(s).