EZDrummer and Drum Maps - duplicated display notes

I am using EZDrummer and Superior Drummer with Cubase

If I use drag and drop to put the MIDI clips from EZDrummer onto the timeline, then call up my customised EZDrummer drum map, I tend to see a lot of double heads in the drum score.

This is due to the fact that EZDrummer uses two hits to provide a direct and spill sample at the same time (or even three or four sometimes), so the MIDI clip and the samples are all matched up to do this. Sounds great!

But I have not worked out a way to tell Cubase to “group” drum hits together. For example, if there are two or three hits to make one hihat note, I would like to tell Cubase “if one or more of these notes are played within 1/64 beat of each other, then use the quantize/groove value to center the note on a sensible division and combine the noteheads into one”

A simpler way would be to simply hide the non-direct “spill” sounds, but there does not seem to be a way to hide a particular note from the drum map. I can do it the hard way, as in go into score editing mode, select all the notes on a particular pitch, click “hide note” but this is very cumbersome and time consuming.

How can I do this? Do I need to customise the drum map? Is it even possible?

Have others encountered the same challenges and have a fix or workaround?