Fade In and Out not Working

Hello,

I’m having this weird issue that whatever I record through my Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen in to Cubase 10.6 Artist will fade in and out normally as a straight DI track, they also work as they udes to on mp3/wav files but, as soon as I insert a vst plugin such as Toontrack EzMix 2 or Bias Fx or even Steinberg’s stock vst to my recorded guitar tracks, the Fade in and fade out won’t work over said effects.

I did find in older forums that other people have had the same issues too but none has found a solution as of now.

Please see video located in my Dropbox through the link below and let me know if I’m missing something.

PS. I should add that I never had this issue with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 1st gen. Could it be something wrong with the Focusrite Control app?

HI and welcome,

There is probably some hard compressor in the plug-ins.

Sorry, I am couple months late to the topic but I am experiencing the same issue.

Nothing to do with the sound card. If you switch off the BIAS FX plugin (or whatever you are using), you will hear that DI track really fades in or out.

The same goes for recording your sound externally, I mean via pre-amp or miced amp, etc., you will be able to fade in/out the respective audio track. It’s just when you use the plugin on a DI track, it somehow overrides Cubase.

Have you already found out any work around or set-up specifics?

Thank you.

have just discovered this thread… Fade is not working over BIAS FX guitar insert

it seems this has been an ongoing issue with BIAS… I will try and get in touch with them to see what can be done…

Forgot to update the thread. I ended up contacting them and even sent over my projects and turns out that it has to do with any kind of IR. IR are design to emit full sound even when the DI track is getting faded. The fade is apparently applied BEFORE any VST Plugin