"Falling..."

When you’re down and out… why not?

Falling…

:sunglasses:

like the production on this ,some realy nice things happening , after 2.15 sounds like sabbath ,good stuff

Wow…I reckon that’s the best song you’ve done…IMHO…production is so good and the arrangement is up there…well done…Kevin

I love this! It does evoke Ozzy – both in subject matter, arrangement, and vocal delivery. That’s a compliment, BTW. I know the vocal treatment was meant to be dark, but for me it’s a tad too dark, and maybe a bit too far back in the mix (although I can hear and discern it with no problem). And… snare sounds pretty good. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen! I wasn’t trying to sound Sabbath/Ozzy particularly… but I’m very comfortable with the reference :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Snare schmare!

:sunglasses:

I like this production and the song very much. Really nice job mixing.

There are some nice ideas in this one. The high synths at the start were nice as are the chords for the falling part. I liked the whole arrangement, but I’m not keen on the 1:30 section really. I thought the vocals worked very well on this one and had a good feel to the delivery.

The panning on the guitar at 3:00 was nice and the overall vibe was enjoyable too on the falling sections.

I can’t say that I have as much of an ear for snare drums as Twilightsong, but I thought it sounded fine too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the listen and feedback. Always appreciated :slight_smile:

I can’t say that I have as much of an ear for snare drums as Twilightsong, but I thought it sounded fine too. > :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh don’t worry about Doug and his snare drum obsession. What he knows about snares can be written on the back of a postage stamp :stuck_out_tongue:

True, I AM obsessed. Awhile back I tried to count how many unique snare samples I have stored, but I quit or lost count somewhere under 200. What’s funny (or maybe not so funny) is that I STILL haven’t found that one sample I’ve been looking for – a kind of meaty, 70’s Soul snare. I’ve even bought real snares in an effort to recreate this particular sound. In the process, I’ve acquired IMMENSE knowledge about snares, so much so that a friend of mine and I started to make our own sample library of vintage snares we owned, with the intention of making it commercially available. We soon realized we had no clue as to what we doing, so the project’s on hold (and, he moved to Portland). All I really ask of a snare sample is that it actually sound like a snare :laughing:

Ah ha! And therein lies the problem. You see, they all in fact sound like snares. But you have become so incredibly particular that you are now completely unable to find that ever elusive holy grail of snares while I, in complete contrast, just go shrug grab any old sample and think “yup, sounds like a snare to me, it’ll do…” :laughing: