Far far (far) better ext. controller implementation

Probably the poorest DAW in this field…
First of all this menu should be presented far more wisely…Im not a soft developper…but HELL…after ALL those years…it is still such an archaic approach and I really am scratching my head to know how a global leader in daw market can be proud of this… Please rewrite this once for all. So many user have requested it…after your midi console shame…is it what you propose?..(I guess you feel my exasperation on this…as so many other users…as if you didn’t listen on what really matters in controllers field. We are in 2017 and what you propose is this same pseudo architecture. I REALLY don’t understand…you who is claiming to be the fullest midi integrated daw…
Second one is that we are NOT able to set relative values (min and max RELATIVE values/midi learn)) as in other DAW…rendering the whole process 100x less powerful than it should be…I’m so astonished after ALL those years and update…this area is still so prehistorical…
For music sake Steinberg…please implement this.

An early steinberg user

And I’m asking myself how users deal with that…it is SUCH a crucial part of a modern setup…
You have done so in halion. We need it not only for your own creations…but for whatever plugin we want to use…
I’m really considering changing my Daw…after more than 10 years…
Isn’t that a fair point???