FEAT.REQ. Zooming + naming flows

Hello colleagues!

Like many of you, I’m loving Dorico, and because of that I would love to see a couple of small things implemented, especially in Galley View:

— When zooming with nothing selected, the screen jumps to the left quite a bit—

• ZOOMING IN.gif

I would love to see the screen zoom into the mouse location, that way whatever you point to will stay in the center of the screen.

— It’s often hard to see which flow is which; how about adding the names of the flows to the area above the top of the white “pages”? Something like this, perhaps:

— I would also love to see another default tab stop added at 300% since it’s what I keep manually coming back to… simply works best on my screen, and I imagine many of yours?

Cheers to the Steinberg Dorico team for their beautiful work! Onward and upwards!

π

thiagotiberio wrote:
“— I would also love to see another default tab stop added at 300% since it’s what I keep manually coming back to… simply works best on my screen, and I imagine many of yours?”

+1, or at the very least, zoom in on whatever element may be highlighted.

I would say that if a single element is selected, when zooming this element should be in the middle of the screen. If nothing is selected, the mouse cursor should be centered. If multiple elements are selected, I suppose I’d go for the mouse cursor, unless all selected elements are still visible after zooming. This case is not really that important, I think.
This would really help improving workflow and seems pretty obvious. Is it difficult to obtain?

That’s basically what Dorico is trying to do at present, but there are some bugs in the implementation. We will try to make time to resolve these issues soon.

That’s nice to know. We’ll look forward to that.