Feature: Condense Selected Folders Contents into Block Events View (no waveforms, smaller footprint)

I use folders a lot, especially when I’m dealing with a complicated segment with lots of small bits and lots of tracks that sum together.

It would be nice to be able to shrink the footprint of this type of folder situation without closing the folder so that individual tracks can still be clicked on, and the events moved around.

Once I am done editing within this folder, I don’t need to see the waveforms anymore. So being able to click a button on the folder which halfs the size of the tracks and turns all the events into plain waveformless block events would be very useful.

When in this mode, the track sizes become static and do not change with your vertical zoom in/out.

Also, I suggested some time ago, which I will add here as it’s semi-relevant. Make folder tracks static size always, no need for them to be resized with other tracks. This causes them to take up screen track realestate, and also makes them hard to see. Folder tracks static size: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=147151