i got a proposal for a new feature in cubase which i proposed already two years ago and which is realized in some way in damage and mir.
I’d like to have a staging window for advanced mixing with the following features:
- staging window with 5 horizontal lines for 3rd dimension (reverb) and 11 vertical lines for 2nd dimension (pan)
- an icon can be assigned to each track and its corresponing mixer channel
- for each horizontal staging line a reverb and the send level can be customized/defined
- for each defined reverb the pan position in dependency of the vertical line can be defined
- when dragging the icon the first time into the staging window the send is automatically filled with the defined
reverb (level and pan of send bus is automatically adjusted)
- the vertical icon position corresponds to its pan level (l-c-r-). Its not fixed on the 1 lines.
- when moving the icon in he stage window the pan position and the send assignment are automatically allocated
- advanced feature: the icons follow the automation events so you can see how the dimensions change
I think that would be a feature which uses the capabilities of a computer in comparison to a hardware mixing console. Furthermore this would be feature which raises the functionality of cubase to other products.
What do you mean ?