Feature Req: access to indiv. inserts on the fader itself

I would be surprised if this is the first time this has been requested, but …

It’s a little annoying to have to open the edit channel settings, in order to gain access to the button that opens the insert. Why not put the Open/Close Insert button on the fader. The master bus can look something like this:

But the other channels (group, instr, etc.) have no room, so maybe make the fader a smidge wider, to accomadate a small row of buttons going up and down the side (they would be less wide than in the pic above). This extra fader “part” (for lack of a better term) can be toggled on/off with a button at the top - the same way the fader can be toggled wide/narrow.

Thank you!

I’m assuming that you don’t use the mixer’s extended view?

The buttons that you want are available both in the extended mixer view and the “Inserts” tab of the track’s inspector.

No - I have the three mixers on one screen, and that leaves no room for ext. view.

Right - but for those of us who do not use ext. view, we would have to

1. extend the view
  2. choose what to view
  3. open the insert
  4. close the ext. view
  5. move mixer back to it’s original location, (the mixer moves horizintally when you extend the view, and does not move back afetr collapsing the ext. view)

My way, you would have to

1. open the insert

See - alot easier :smiley:

Fair enough.
And I suppose if you’re working with the mixer, then the inspector is someways away (or not visible, assuming one screen).

If you hold down either shift/alt or is it ctrl/alt cant remember right now :stuck_out_tongue: and click the “e” button all the inserts will be shown.

rightclick on the insert button, you are in for a surprise :slight_smile:

Ah… :mrgreen:

Oh… :astonished:

Duh! :laughing:

These buttons are not informative, so you have to remember what you’ve got on all insert slots on all channels, so you’ll not avoid extra clicks.
BTW, Steinberg team says they are working on a new mixer, I hope they will take the best features from other DAWs and + invent something absolutely new.

Wich buttons are you talking about? Because rightclicking on the insert button shows all the names of the inserts.
I do like the idea of a new mixer though, I always find the Cubase mixer very clumsy.

Greetz Dylan.

Which buttons are you talking about? Because rightclicking on the insert button shows all the names of the inserts.

I think he means the OP’s proposed insert buttons.

Ah okee, maybe build a rightklick on those buttons aswell, you can directly click and open or Rightclick and see what’s in it.

naw,I think the right click is ll that’s needed for that … for now! :wink:
Now om off to right clicking on the rest of the buttons in Cubase, just in case :bulb:

Now om off to right clicking on the rest of the buttons in Cubase, just in case

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Right - which is not good. I only want to open one of the inserts - not all eight of them.

Ok. So, doing whats been suggested here (right-clicking on insert button) isn’t an option for you…?

Well if you do it again it’ll close all the inserts :laughing:

Sure, I’m talking about the OP. rightclicking is OK.

I’d better have all inserts and sends slots available on the tracks in the project window like in PT. Cubase’s Inspector is nice too, but not as good…

You mean something like?