FEATURE REQ: MIDI ct lane data follows notes in the Key Ed.

—edit— n/m - this is already possible.

Title says it all. Yes, you can hold ctrl or shift after selecting the note data, but this is a bit of a PITA when you have multiple notes you want to move. If there is some reason that SB feels that MIDI expression data in the controller lane(s) should not follow notes, then please consider making it a preference that can be toggled on/off, so the user has the option to have the expression data follow note data.

Thank you!

–edit–

Ooh - I have an idea! :bulb:

Why not make the pref toggle-able from the controller lane itself? So this way, if you have multiple controller lanes, you can choose to have only certain controller lane data move with the note data. Say you have CC1 and CC11, but only want CC1 to move with the note data, while the CC11 info stays put. You open both ctrl lanes, press a button on the CC1 lane enabling the feature, and when you move the note, the CC1 data moves with the note data, and the CC11 data stays put. Pretty neat, is you ask me. :exclamation:

I would imagine that it’s designed that way to emulate how MIDI data is and how it’s recorded.
Ie. Controllers not being tied to a specific note.

Note expression?

There is an icon in the Key Editor that enables you to toggle between the two modes (controller data follows note event or controller data doesn’t follow note event). However, it doesn’t give you the option to choose which controller data follows. That would be a neat feature to have.

To enable this icon, you need to right-click on an empty space on the top of the Key Editor and check the “Auto Select Controllers” option. Then click on the icon, to enable it, any time you wish for MIDI controllers to follow the selected note(s).

HTH

Also, there is a preference option under “Editing > MIDI > Select Controllers in Note Range: Use Extended Note Context” that will allow you to include the controller data found between the last selected note and the following note. This is sometimes useful if you don’t want the controller data to get cut off with the last note.

Not only note exp; all CC data. Shouldn’t have used that term there.

There is? Where?

Gonna try that - thanks!

AFAIK, Note Expression already follows the note data, so I knew you weren’t talking about that. Or are you referring to VST Expression data? If so, for some reason attributes do move with the note data but not Directions. I’m sure there is a logical reason for this though.

I meant the note expression feature in Cubase.
Using that instead of the controller lanes for CC data that you want tied to a specific note.

edit: just tried the method described by jose7822. It works!

I posted the answer in my first post :slight_smile:. Here it is again:

To enable this icon, you need to right-click on an empty space on the top of the Key Editor and check the “Auto Select Controllers” option. Then click on the icon, to enable it, any time you wish for MIDI controllers to follow the selected note(s).

This was just an extra bit of info I added to your request, but you first need to make the icon I speak of visible in the Key Editor as I explain above. The preference option MAY not be what you want all the time.

AHA! Ok - that does it. Sorry, I didn’t see that in your post above. :unamused: > me

Cool deal - thanks! :smiley:

No problem!

Glad to hear this is what you were looking for.

Take care! :slight_smile: