Feature request: Abandon Recording

Hi,

Many times I start recording into the montage timeline only to realise that I need to change something. It would be great to have an “abandon recording” feature with shortcut. Or “Stop and Delete all recorded files”

Stops playback, deletes file, places the cursor back to where it was before recording, record enabled ready to go again.

At the moment (correct me if I’m wrong) but its a case of stopping, deleting file from history, engaging record enable again, locating to start and then recording…

In addition, there is also the way that Reaper does it where you can engage a prompt box after every recording which asks if you would like to:

Save | Rename recorded file | Delete

This would have to be an optional feature as not everyone would want that.

Both would be great new workflow additions I reckon.

If you record in the montage, you can abandon recording by pressing Control (Cmd on Mac), while pressing the Stop button the Transport bar.

In WaveLab 10.0.30, if you stop “normally”, undo, and try to record with the same file name, WaveLab will clean the undo history automatically, so that you can record with the same file name.

Ok great. I never knew about the CMD + transport bar stop feature. Would it be possible in the future to be able to assign a dedicated shortcut to this feature?

Would it be possible in the future to be able to assign a dedicated shortcut to this feature?

I note it.