[Feature Request] Automatic Backup folder

you know, just to keep the mess out of your project folder.
I’d be a happy camper if Cubase automatially saved the backups like this:
X:\Songs\mySong\mySong.cpr
X:\Songs\mySong\Backups\mySong.bak

That’s it folks

PS There is a prompt popping up in your face when you open a *.cpr and there is a newer *.bak file present. This [FR] would mean there will be two places for Cubase to look for *.bak files, in the project folder and in the project\backups folder, but in 2012 it’s possible for computers to do that?

+1

Like on Logic and Protools…

This request is >10years old, but please, please, consider this for next versions! It would be so much more clean and tidy within the project folder! You (steinberg) did a good job with adding the “export folder” - helps me every day to organize different projects parallely! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

time flies … :smiley:

I guess I should update my request to modern standards.

Now I wish for a “Resources” folder or something like that where all the crap you don’t want to be bothered about could be tucked away. Like Track pictures, Images, Edits, ARA etc

And while we’re at it when a new project folder is created by Cubase you could have more folders added automatically per template like if you print scores to PDF files, or generate MIDI files from Vari-Audio and … well, I think you get the picture.

Nice and tidy and a lot lest brain drain and stuff you don’t want to be bothered with but you still can’t throw away just like that, unless you have a fetish for unpredictable results …

1 Like