Feature Request: Export: Naming Scheme - Alternate 'Counter' type: 'Reset Counter Per Track'

I have been doing lots of sample creating the past few years, and Batch Export/Naming Scheme has been a total asset. There is room here to make it even more valuable.

The current ‘Counter’ protocol in Export/Naming Scheme will count per-exported file without resetting back to 000. This is fine in some instances, but it would be more useful in certain circumstances if it reset back to 000 on a per-track basis.

For Example:

Let’s say I’m creating a sample library based off an extracted instrument, and there are multiple channels/microphones. I’m using cycle markers to add MIDI-Note# name tags.

ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - CH01-MicClose G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68

Let’s say I have two or three samples however of the same ‘G#3 - 68’ that I also want to export. I need a way to differentiate the samples - adding a Counter solves the problem.

The issues, is, the current counter will continue counting as the Exporter finishes the CH01 samples and continues into the CH02 samples without resetting back to 000. ie, the error would look something like

ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 001 - CH01-MicClose G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 050 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68

Whereas, it would be better if the file names were grouped together like:

ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 001 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68

And there remains no conflict because the rest of the names are still different. So the additional ‘G#3 -68’ samples would be consecutively numbered

ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 001 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 002 - CH01-MicClose G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 002 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 003 - CH01-MicClose G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 003 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 004 - CH01-MicClose G#3 - 68
ViolinInAutumn - BowLong - 004 - CH02-MicFar G#3 - 68

Summary of Feature Request: Reset Counter(per file) Per Track.

The attribute could be called/abbreviated ‘CounterPerTrk’ or just ‘Counter2’ with an explanation in the manual

Thank you

Edit
Side note: The reason I’m not using Cycle Marker ID#s to differentiate between the unison samples, is because Makers number format is regulated to single digit format ( 1, 2, 3, 10 - 100) which there are two issues with: A.) Sampler Mapping-by-Name algos might see the single digits as MIDI-Note#'s, and B.) MediaBay for whatever reason, does not order traditional numbering properly ( 1,2,20,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,100,11,12)

So, A second/different way of my issue being resolved with a feature - would be to allow users to change the numbering format of the Cycle/Markers to whatever they need - 00, 000, 000 etc.

As it currently stands, my work around at the moment, is in these particular multi-channel situations, I’m exporting one track at a time… which is counter intuitive to what Batch Exporting Automation is about

edit
You could perhaps also have a ‘Counter3’ which, in stead of counting per-file, counts per track, so if you had two tracks named exactly the same ‘Tuba’, they would become

Tuba001
Tuba002

People could use Counter, Counter2, and Counter 3 all in the same export naming scheme

-Counter = Counts per file exported
-Counter2 = Counts Per File Per Track
-Counter3 = Counts Tracks