FEATURE REQUEST - external routing presets & save w project

I would like to request:

1. Preset management for “External FX” routings (just like the input and output busses have presets).

ALSO,

1. A check a box that makes that particular project save the routings with the project… this way, I don’t even have to use presets if I don’t want to. I can just let the project save the routings on a per-project basis.

Thanks!
Todd

External FX routing presets, I’m with you 100%. It’s weird that you can save IO presets, but not the definition of what’s plugged into the IO. As I pointed out in the other thread, they do interact. I would like to see the whole of the “VST connections” be save/recall able as a preset.

That alone would take care of your “saving with project” need…albeit with a few extra clicks–you just store the connections config in the project folder…recall…just throwing that out there if they get into looking at it and are implementing one or the other. It would be interesting to hear the reason they have some Connectiom settings save able and other not. I can’t for the life of me see a solid reason, since the in/out pages definitions DO affect the other pages…why only able to save and recall IO? My guess is that’s the older code from prior to putting in the control room and externalFX/Instrument pages.

You could be right… Anyway, yeah, the presets would fix the problem - although with the option to save with the project, I wouldn’t even have to remember to reload presets if I go back and forth between projects.

For example, in some of my songs, I save duplicate files regularly so I can reference any point in my progress as a song develops. When completed, some songs may have 80-100 duplicate song files EACH. Every time I go back and reference an earlier file, the “External FX” get screwed up. If it just remembered the settings, then when I load the newest file to continue working, it would reload it correctly.

Anyway… that’s why I think both presets, AND the option to save with project would be important.