Feature Request: global/local

I often need to open the properties panel just to see whether local or global is chosen for “Set local properties”.

In fact, it would be very useful to have an indicator that doesnt take up as much real estate as the properties panel. An icon on the status bar indicating whether local or global would do the trick.

If there already is an indicator that doesnt require the properties panel to be open, I cant find it!

Thanks!

David

2 Likes

Actually, I think that, rather than an indicator, a toggle switch on the status bar would be very useful, as one often makes changes to properties (such as position) by selecting Engrave Mode, and having this would avoid opening the properties panel just to ascertain the global/local status.

David

I’d like to hitch on to this thread with another question: whether there could be a setting to have the toggle on Globally by default in a new project.

3 Likes

Another option: the ability to set Global for the full score, and Local for the parts. Very often if I change something in the score, I want it to carry through to the part. But if I’m adjusting in the part itself, I don’t want those adjustments transmitted back to the full score.

3 Likes