Feature Request: Global Read/Write - Mute/Solo remember track settings

Had an accident already once, as an example for Read/Write

Several tracks of many with automation and hence most of them in Read enabled.
Accidentially hit Global Read and after disabling read state for all tracks it was turned off for all tracks. That shouldn’t be like that. Why not keeping the previous states after disabling a global setting which can superseed for the period it is activated? Also, there is no way of protecting tracks from being overwritten by global settings.
Of course I had a version saved before but well…could be easier.

Hi,

You clicked to Deactivate Read State for All Tracks, so Cubase did exactly, what did you ask for.

Martin, thanks for at least reading but your reply isn’t quite cutomer friendly, imo.

And Sure, I am not ignorant, I generally understand how this works today by the (very basic) design. The thing is: there is no way after you enabled global read or write for instance to revert it since it is not an undo command and you can only go via globally disabling it.
SO I am just looking for an way to work smarter (why not allowing to lock such things on tracks to be immune from global commands?). I know what’s happening now and I suggested to make a feature more smart. If that’s the way Steinberg listens, than thanks for the feedback, I’ll take it into account.
Just as a last thought: imagine a program has a Save command which saves a file. So, in general, if it saves the file it saves it, no matter if the file already exists. But we’re quite used to a behaviour that often you’re asked if you want to replace/overwrite the file which already exists. From your view this had never made it into any dialog ‘cos before it did already what it should do: save the damn’ file…

Hi,

You could right-click to the track list and select “Show All Used Automation”. This would expand all and only used Automation tracks. Then you could enable the Automation Read button on these tracks only.

I know, it could be annoying in large scoring template (1000+ tracks), but this is the fastest way I can imagine.