FEATURE REQUEST - Global timebase select tool

Man, I really, really wish there was a way to change all tracks from one timebase to another. This would really enable easy free-records or tempo adjustments.

Anyone else want this feature?

+1. I’m always afraid there’s a musical timebase button hiding out of site in the inspector that I’m missing - that way lies madness!!

To be honest, I’d like it if the linear time base clock had a noticeable color, rather than grey. So, if bright light blue for example, the absence of the yellow qrtr note wouldn’t be enough to guarantee the track is in LTB - you’d need to see a blue clock. I just find the grey clock blends in with everything else.

But sorry, I think that was a little bit of a high-jack. I fully support your FR, GPnicolett!

Cheers -

+1

+1

can’t this be done in the pool by highlighting the tracks and selecting the time base on one of the tracks?

The feature is wanted to change all tracks (including MIDI) from musical to linear time at once.

To be honest, I’d like it if the linear time base clock had a noticeable color, rather than grey. So, if bright light blue for example, the absence of the yellow qrtr note wouldn’t be enough to guarantee the track is in LTB - you’d need to see a blue clock. I just find the grey clock blends in with everything else.

No HJ here. I totally agree! I want clock timebase tracks to really stand out as well!

Though as it stands, it’s just as hard to see the difference between time bases in Pro Tools (but, in Pro Tools via option click you CAN change all the tracks - MIDI and Audio - from time base to clock base.)

+1 Definitely!! I have wasted so much time doing that. Gets a little frustrating when you have 100 midi tracks.
I had to position my cursor on the spot where the small Timebase icon is located and scroll down as quickly as I could, clicking mechanically like a robot to get it done…

In Logic you can just select all the tracks and Cmd+L - Lock them.
In fact locking tracks in all the other DAWs does that too… whereas locking in Cubase only locks their relative position and not their actual SMPTE position…

I wonder why they still haven’t implemented this yet…

+1
It’s either this
or toggle between linear and musical timebase on multiple track selection
or an option under Project Logical Editor

This. +1. Asked before, not there yet, let’s keep asking…

Tempo detection somehow enforces linear timebase to all tracks, there’s no easy way back as of today.

Can you clarify that a bit please (both parts of your bolded statement)?

+1