Feature Request: "Open Files Separately" Prompt (Always Show It)

Hi there,

I like to be able open multiple files in SpectraLayers, but would love to have a selectable option to either open them as separate files OR opening them in the same project (as layers).

Currently the dialogue box sometimes asks me, but most of the time it doesn’t ask me what I want to do. Having the dialogue box pop up every single time I try to open up multiple files would be great, as well as an option in Settings to choose to “always open as separate files” so it suppresses the dialogue box. This might help some people who want to always open files separately when they have multiple different jobs to get through.

Thanks!

1 Like

You’ve been heard, this has been implemented in the upcoming SpectraLayers 11 a couple days ago :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks so much Robin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And when did you say is the release date, Robin? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just said we had a very regular release cycle over the past 3 years :wink:

5 Likes

I’m putting on my psychic headdress and peering into my crystal ball. :man_mage::crystal_ball::zap:

June 2024?

My crystal ball states “June 2024”. It’s usually around my Birthday. Robin always gives the best birthday presents. :blush:

1 Like

Well, my crystal ball even shows “May 2024” given that RX 11 will become available in the next two weeks :shushing_face:

1 Like

Intriguing. :thinking:

I’m inclined to invoke numerology.

The name “Spectralayers 11” sums to the number 66. This suggests a release date of Thursday, June 6. Plus, the expression number for 66 is 3.

Life Path meaning of 3:

• Creativity: Strong self-expression, communication, and artistic talent.
  • Optimism: Playful, joyful energy with enthusiasm for life.

Challenges: Potential for scattering energy or superficiality.

Spectralayers is all of the above. Therefore Thursday June 6, 2024 is strongly affirmed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like