Feature Request Poll July 2019 - Results

Thank you for this poll Matthias. I was out of town and unable to participate, but this is exciting to see.

Thanks Matthias! Very informative about how Cubase is used by other users.
Gapless audio seems to bother many users as for me it isn’t an issue. I agree with the guy in this forum who mention that this doesn’t kill the mojo. Same here.
I’m surprised to see that better controller support is >25. So do people use their controllers mostly to remote trigger Cubase functions and not so much to control VSTs? I would love to see a remote controller setup like NI Traktor Pro does offer. That’s 1st class!
But, in general, the list does mirror my vote pretty much…

25 Save Folder Track Preset, saves all contained tracks+routings (1,78)
and
10 Audio Connections overhaul or External FX Plugin w/flexible routing (3,03)

should most definitely without a doubt, be in the top 5.

Everyone has an opinion about what should be in the top 5, including me. Majority rules, I’m afraid.

actually logic rules

Damn, I missed the poll. But I can actually subscribe to most of the top ten FR.
Was “better support” even an option??

Hey Nevetspots,

I can’t believe you typed the words “Logic rules” in a Cubase forum. Your poll votes should be nullified immediately.

All jokes aside, I agree with In Stereo that the point of a poll is to get a consensus opinion. It seems rather pointless to argue that the 25th ranked request should be in the top 5 just because it is in your top five. Maybe next time Steinberg will have a special poll that is only open to you so that all your top features are ranked highest.

so will those top 25 request be in the 10.5 update this year? :wink: (I’d buy that immediately!)

Are we going to have another poll for this year?

How about the option to fix what’s broken and not implement new features?

So basically 11 would have new features, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 etc would have fixes. 11.5, 11.6, etc… would be more fixes AND requested fixes and then 12 would have New stuff.
Treating the .5 updates as major updates that include new stuff no one asked for is unproductive since updates seem to break so many things that end up never getting fixed.- jmo

I totally agree with you. Maybe, I should reserve my word, say assuming only if everything is tested and verified and all user’s issues have been resolved. There are things that need to be redesigned, and I guess they are doing it.

I don’t think anyone has issues as much as I have. Most of the issues come from the agile software development practices. What you are saying about: “basically 11 would have new features, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 etc”, is exactly about agile. Fail fast fail often. Please see the image.

Unfortunately, most companies are doing this. The Massive Downside of Agile Software Development

We need the cubase team adopt best testing practices. Definitely more testers.