Feature Request Poll - Your input is needed - Results are online

When are the results made public?

The current key command is a toggle switch. I have been asking for a separate ON and Off keyboard commands for about 15 years!

Thanks for clarifying, but why? Either Snap is On and you want it on, so leave it alone. Or Snap is On and you want it of Off so hit J and vice versa. I never look at the icon, I just move something and it’s on or it’s off and when I want the other, I hit J. Not sure what the use case is where separate on/off key commands would make sense or how that would be more efficient. Are you using super small Snap resolutions and moving things when zoomed way out? Anyway, if why has been explained already elsewhere maybe just post a link but I’m just not seeing why at the moment.

The poll closes in a week so sometime after that. I hope Steinberg considers doing formal polls like this in the future via emails to registered users. I’m not saying people can vote twice or more on this poll, but they can. Something more formal can include unique links to make sure that doesn’t happen and catch a wider cross section of users. Universal Audio, Arturia, and U-he are all companies that have sent out email polls.

Yes, it’s such a tiny update it could actually be put into the next maintenance update (as it should already have been in place).

In this case it seems he doesn’t want to check the icon beforehand repeatedly. Anyway, generally speaking you can’t have a toggle on/off command in a macro, because you don’t know if you will trigger it on or off. You then have to have separate ON and OFF commands.

Thanks. Makes sense in the case of a macro requiring a specific snap setting.

You have to consider most people probably work with snap on most the time. Thus it makes sense to have ‘Snap On’ only as I would hit it all the time without even looking to see if it’s on or off - because I want it on. ie, you press the key command for the work it is you are wanting to do without having to check if it is on or off.

I can never remember if I have it on or off, sometimes I think it’s off and press J to turn it on but forgot it was actually already on, now it’s off. then I moved a region, now I have to undo that move, and turn it back on. Very annoying.

Well, this is just an experiment to see how we can improve the community ideation. But yes, there are already people who voted twice and then even allocated their whole budget to one single feature. Twice. So multiple participation is now blocked and I will delete the doubles. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be possible to set a budget limit per feature in our survey tool. So putting 100 on a single request is still possible. But, please be reasonable and try to allocate the budget to at least 5 to 6 different items.

I’m glad you can tell and are keeping on top of things! Looking forward to seeing the results.

Done… Thank you Matthias :wink:

Can’t wait to see the results.

Regards :sunglasses:

There actually is. If you hover the mouse over the border just above the Panner or the scroll bar column, the scroll wheel works.
Capture.PNG

Try hovering over that tiny 2 pixel high space on a monitor with 2000 vertical pixels :slight_smile:. It’s even tinier than the tiny scroll bar. The only explanation I can think of is that Steinberg assumed nobody would have enough tracks in their project that they would need to scroll the mix console.

Mac doesn’t have zoom? On PC ‘Windows’+’+’ is zoom in. Use it all the time for super old VST plugins

On every other DAW, you simply use the scroll wheel to scroll the mixer. In other DAWs there is no need to drag an impossibly tiny scroll bar. There is no need to hover over a microscopic scroll region. There is no need to first zoom the display before you can scroll the mixer. With other DAWs there is no need to go to the feature requests forum and explain that the mixer should be easily scrollable.

Oh I thought you were talking about the points selector in the poll… I thought this was a thread about a poll

ooops. I only picked 3. There was others but they didn’t get mentioned so not on list.

Might want to account for minorities of users who use niche features that not as many Cubase users use.

For instance. "Do You Work ITB or OTB/Both?

Anyone who works OTB with analog hardware will agree External FX needs to be improved, but I’m assuming there is a much larger user base of people working exclusively ITB, so the voting numbers might show that no one seems to care about External FX, when there is a very important professional/commercial user group that does, and are also probably too busy to be keeping their eye on the forums to see this poll.

My most wanted “feature” was not on the list:
Make volume and panning accessable directly in the project window - like Logic and Protools.
In Cubase you to have to select the track first and then via the inspector adjust volume and panning.

Yes, this. 500 times everyday. The most infuriating thing about Cubase. Forget all the other new features, I’d pay £100 just for this.