• Bezier curves in midi editor
  • Multitrack Audio Warp
  • Separate folder for ā€œ.bakā€ files
  • Consistent GUI
  • Audio Connections overhaul or External FX Plugin w/flexible routing
  • Allow Free Warp On The Project Window
  • Inspector In the Lower Zone

0 voters

Which of these would you like to see in Cubase 11?

Most of these were part of Steinbergsā€™s last official survey and I am sure that they have already decided on the features that will be in v11 since we are likely only about 4 months away from the release. With that said, I love surveys so I voted for Allow Free Warp On The Project Window. I think it would make it so much easier to align things with other tracks. I hope that Multitrack Audio Warp gets bundled together with this feature since they kind of related. A Gapless Audio Engine would be a great improvement also.

The list above are all nice features actually so hopefully several of these have made Steinbergā€™s cut.

They are the top ten(ish) from last yearā€™s poll. I like polls too. Steinberg should conduct more IMO.

Iā€™d like to see smoother/ slower scroll added here too. This is probably one of the biggest detriments to my workflow.

I selected two of the options, my third would be multi-track freeze/unfreeze if it were on the list.

I chose ā€˜Audio Connections overhaul or External FX Plugin w/flexible routingā€™ because itā€™s the closest to what I want. Itā€™s been a huge, time-sucking hassle just trying to set up multiple groups for dual-mono compression. I want to be able to use unlinked compression more easily! I just prefer that sound to the link, stereo sound for most things. In fact, a lot of bigtime mixers set up their groups and/or their mix busses for dual mono compression. Michael Brauer, Chris Lord Alge, Andrew Scheps (unlinked 1176s on the rear bus), etcā€¦

Yet, we have to do way too many steps to process audio in dual-mono. Cubase 10.5 is really inefficient when it comes to this! Dual mono should be selectable for every multi-mono channel via one simple toggle switch.

Also, please allow us to link and/or ā€˜Quick Linkā€™ insert effects that are on the same channel. For example, the Lead Vocal channel has a compressor on insert one and a different compressor on insert two. Iā€™d like to be able to link their thresholds, despite the fact that those compressors are on the same channel.

Or, it would be really cool if you gave us a plugin host like Wavesā€™ Studio Rack, something that would provide extra insert slots, allowing us to use any inserted effect to process audio in dual-mono, and M/S, or multiband split. It should be available in Direct Offline Processing.

Voted (gapless audio engine and warp related improvements), even if what I am actually hoping for the most isnā€™t listedā€¦ In the ā€˜featuresā€™ department :

• What I expect over anything is an overhaul of the Generic Remote definitions feature, including a fix for the NRPN messages recognition and an usable way to manage the GR settings related to specific parameters of a given track, no matter if others are added or removed.
  • This, with 16 quick controls : anyone else is using a drawbar organ VSTi ?
  • And finally (I donā€™t hold my breath on this oneā€¦), the return of an usable VST 2.x presets management, including FXP/FXB files : contrarily to what Steinberg has been hoping/expecting since something like 15 years (Cubase 4ā€¦), VST2 is still alive and kicking and the Mediabay is useless with it.

In the ā€˜cosmeticā€™ category, two added settings, one to get rid of the horizontal lines as track separators in the arrangement window and another to dim a little the flashy white panel background of selected tracks.

Iā€™d like to point people to this thread

CUBASE 11 - - THREE MOST NEEDED things - 1.) Audio Connections revamp. 2.) MultiTrack Freeze. 3.) MIDI, CC, Control

Bump

:confused: ā€¦ :laughing:

I would add flows.

Cubase 11 is about to go out for beta soon. I think feature scope has been closed for a long time now.

The idea was to compare what forum users wanted to what the Stein man implements in November/December. See if heā€™s listening or not. Then I can quit the pointless exercise of requesting features, supporting threads and reporting bugs. :smiley:

Yes, thatā€™s been closed for long. Actually, the time frame is longer than most people think. I read that for 10.5 the beta was out in the summer-19, but the alpha testing started already in February-19 (thatā€™s 9 months before releaseā€¦!). And the features must obviously be settled waaaaay before that, thereā€™s some programming to doā€¦

If so, you should rather compare C11 (and forthcoming versionsā€¦) with the result of the 2 official forum polls that were made a year agoā€¦

Bermpā€¦ Yeeha!! :wink:

Those results already look a dated. Moving tracks in the mixing console isnā€™t looking too popular now considering it WAS no.2 in the poll results.
IMO a 6 monthly poll should be conducted. I like polls. And it would make it harder for the marketing department to justify undermining the integrity and stability of Cubase with flashy new features that nobody asked for.

Multi-track free warp remains my #1. Comments quoted below (posted last year) sum up my experience.

Iā€™ll also add: Itā€™s not a flashy/sexy feature. But the absence of multi-track free warp in Cubase today feels like working in a fancy hi-end kitchen without knives and a cutting board.

+1. Most every major DAW can free warp multiple tacks. Theyā€™ve had this bread-and-butter feature for years.

Working in my studio, clients often ask why we canā€™t free warp like they can with their own DAWs at home (Pro Tools, etc). Itā€™s awkward, to say the least. I suspect Iā€™ve lost at least a couple follow-up jobs because of this perplexing omission in Cubaseā€™s otherwise excellent feature set.

Frankly, multitrack free warp is almost a ā€œclassicā€ function of a DAW at this point. It long ago stopped being sexy or trendy; itā€™s just something people use DAWs for these days. Users/clients have a right to expect it, and are surprised when I say I canā€™t do it (ā€œAre you sure itā€™s not in there? Can you check again?ā€).

This needs to be remedied. Itā€™s like weā€™re missing a screwdriver.

(Respectfully submitted. I love most of what Cubase offers.)

Thanks for the poll! You should have gave us to vote for 4 options not just threeā€¦ Iā€™d also like move tracks within console!

Bump x 1 = 1 Bump