Feature Request - "post fader insert" switch on last 2 slots

There are times where occasionally, I would like to use the last two insert slots as standard slots - and not as post-fader slots. I would like to request a button so we can choose whether to make them pre OR post fader.

Thanks,
Todd

+1
Even further it would be great if the eq also had a pre/post button.
Ultimately being able to specify where in the chain each channels eq’s and inserts sit would be tops.

+1

• 1 free pre/post routings for inserts/EQ!

+1
channel EQ to…

Hello guys,

Thank you for your input! That’s already on our feature request list. :wink:

Where is the FR list? (so we don’t post anything that’s already listed)

oh! my dog ate my personal FR list :frowning:

Good news. Thanks Carlos!

+100

I hope Cubase 7 completely rethinks inserts and sends! The spec shouldn’t be about available slots. Instead:

1. I should have as many plugins as I want.
  2. I should be able to order them how I want
  3. I should be able to add a send to any point in the chain.
  4. I should be able to add the track’s fader to any single point in the chain allowing me to choose which effects are pre and which are post effects.
  5. I should be able to move the EQ to any point in the chain.
  6. I should be able to add a wet/dry or an A/B filter branch anywhere in the chain to create mixes an parallel effects path.

Basically I want a filter graph I can control. I’m not saying by default it couldn’t be pre-configured to work like it does now. But boy wouldn’t I be able to do some pretty cool things with a flexible filter graph.

I’m sure the qualified UX designers can come up with an elegant way to manage this.

There are times where occasionally, I would like to use the last two insert slots as standard slots - and not as post-fader slots. I would like to request a button so we can choose whether to make them pre OR post fader.

It stands to reason that if Steinberg were to redesign a pre/post insert switch, most likely, it would not be assigned to slots 7&8 exclusively. Logic dictates that if a free pre/post assignment paradigm were put in place, there would be no reason not to provide a switch a switch for all inserts.

1. I should be able to add a wet/dry or an A/B filter branch anywhere in the chain to create mixes an parallel effects path.

The VST spec places wet/dry controls in the domain of the plug-ins themselves. It’s up to the plug-in developers to provide that function. Some do, some don’t. If you have plug-ins that you’d like wet/dry controls on, I’d suggest to write the developer and request it. But I suppose if Steinberg were able to cram a wet/dry fader into each slot, it could be pretty convenient.

1. I should be able to move the EQ to any point in the chain.

I’ve always wondered why Steinberg didn’t implement this out of the gate. +1 for me on this.

RE: Wet/Dry controls. Regardless of the VST spec, it’s crazy to me that the host doesn’t provide wet/dry controls universally for the plugins. I own a LOT of plugins and very few implement wet/dry. That said, if Steinberg implemented a graph with branching, as I asked, wet/dry can be implemented as a branch.

I hope so… :wink: