Feature Request: Sample Rate Conversion on the Fly

I’d prefer to use Wavelab for all my audio needs. But when I’m just needing to make an audio CD (in Audio Montage) from some low sample rate mp3 files I get the message "the following file(s) were not inserted (check the number of channels and the sample rate). And when I try to play files like these in WL, I get “the audio card output could not be set to this sample rate… etc.”

I could understand this if it wouldn’t play on any other software on my system through this sound card but when I dump the same file into iTunes, it plays, it burns, it does anything I want it too.

Windows Media Player also has no problem here.

Could we impliment this behavior into WL?

Thanks.

There is the plan to have audio files resampled automatically to the montage’s sample rate.
For playback, this is another story. What you could do, on Windows, is use the MME driver, to play low-sample rate files.

I have similar problems because I usually work with several samples at the same time, each one with different samplerates. This is not good for ASIO.

It would be fantastic to have separated devices for recording and playing audio. Ie. recording from ASIO (fireface 800 in my case), and playing through MME. That would solve all my problems.

Thanks, PG, for reminding me about the difference between ASIO and MME drivers. The RME drivers seem to integrate both so seamlessly that I forget that there is a difference.

And I am grateful for the plan you mentioned to have audio files resampled automatically to the montage’s sample rate.

Great Program!

I assume this will be an option that can be selected off?

Luck, Arjan

I assume this will be an option that can be selected off?

It must be.