Feature request: send MIDI track to more than 5 destinations

I wish Cubase allowed us to easily route data from one MIDI track to more than five destinations. Ideally, to as many VST instruments and hardware / virtual MIDI ports as are connected in a particular session. I’m not asking for suggestions re: workarounds, I’m requesting that this feature be added to Cubase. Thanks.

1 Like

+1 my vote limit being reached

1 Like

This is a vital feature - please implement it, both for MIDI and instrument tracks!
Instrument tracks: if I’m using up to 16 output channels, I can have 150+ fx vsts per track. Currently there’s no direct way to send MIDI to these plugins.
MIDI tracks: if these feed multiple instrument tracks that themselves have multiple outputs, that’s an even higher total of fx vsts.
MIDI provides a really convenient way to control effects, that’s much easier to manage than multiple sets of automation lanes.
I daresay that we users tend to underestimate the complexity of our requests to Steinberg from a coding perspective, but this FR isn’t asking for anything that Cubase can’t already do - just a bit more of it (more than 5 destinations - I would suggest at least 16) and in more places (instrument tracks as well as midi tracks).
To be clear, for me at least, this is an instant purchase trigger: provide this feature and I will upgrade immediately.
Many thanks for your consideration.

1 Like