FEATURE REQUEST: VST connections

And as a genuine answer … I don’t know! Just like with 99% of computer problems I try to help people with: I have no idea, what’s going on, but simple screenshot might tell me what the problem is.

And the more work and posts are attached to this thread the more likely it is that, if there is one, that a solution will be found. Even “negativity” of sorts has it’s uses. It may be that it’s a Windows7 issue but it’s not impossible Wargeordie has found something worth further attention.

Reproducing steps often goes awry as people get it wrong or miss something or just have different settings in Cubase that screw the process up. Mostly because, when I do it, it’s done in a hurry and mistakes are easy to make in Cubase anyway whenever one is in a hurry.
I do use W7/64 BTW.

I understand people make simple mistakes and assume the system has a bug! and I will post some pics later when I can.

having said that, this is such a simple thing to do… you setup a list of connections in a set order, save them, and then next time you load them they are in a different order!.. but lets see what you guys think once I get some images done!

I’ve had this issue sometimes where the nice order of my VST connections are suddenly messed up for no apparent reason, but it usually gets back in the right order if I switch to one of the stock Steinberg presets and then back again to my custom one, sometimes it takes a few switches for it to work.
I agree on OP though, better means of organizing would be great, just to be able to drag and drop to reorder the VST connections has been on my wishlist for ages.

/A

yey… I’m not a freak! :smiley:

not tried that bud! will give it a pop! thanks!

OMG! :astonished: that worked perfectly! In my case swithing to the 5.1 pre-set and then back put all th connections back into their original order! So glad I was not alone here… was thinking I was going mad! :unamused:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! (and to everyone who helped)

anyway, do you know if there is a way to colapse the stereo busses from the selection menu?

i.e. at the moment it appears like this

Vocal mono
vocal stereo

left
right
guitar mono
guitar stereo
left
right

to this…

Vocal mono
vocal stereo
guitar mono
guitar stereo

prob not possible I feel!

but I still think the need for more flexibility with VST connections a simple feature request that alot of users will use!

It’s to do with the interaction between the operating system and sound driver, nothing to do with Cubase.