While Cubasis 3 currently supports high quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting through Elastique V3, it doesn’t have any support for warping within an audio clip. This is one of the few things that I find myself wanting to do often in Cubasis that it doesn’t support, and the alternative (manual slicing) is awkward at best.
In order for this to be useful it would need to support:
- Automatic transient detection (probably with a threshold parameter).
- Placing of warp markers at transients.
- The ability to move the position of these warp markers freely and on the grid.
- The ability to fine tune the warp marker position in the audio.
- As a nice to have, the ability to quantize recorded audio via warping.