I do think there are some key features missing from Cubasis.
- It would be nice to control Cubasis using MIDI controllers. Mapping MIDI CC to control Audio Unit parameters, write automation for plugins, and of course do the transport.
- Real loop function for MIDI/Audio regions instead of Copy/Paste. This has been the PITA to me for a long time.
- Full-sized Audio Unit window. It is somehow limiting that the Audio Unit window can only be large as half the screen, especially when you are using an external keyboard and want to get hand of more controls of some complex plugins (let’s say Moog Model 15).
- Re-order the insert/send effects. Currently it can only be done by removing plugins and then adding them again, all parameters will be lost unless you save the paramaters as preset first.
- Direction lock for the Piano Roll that allows us to zoom along just one direction.
- Slide up/down to change velocity/aftertouch/modulation for the on-screen keyboard.
I know I may ask for too many. But I do love Cubasis and want it to be the best DAW for mobile music production.