Feature Requests - Cubasis

I am really new to Cubasis. In fact real new to iOS recording in general. But I would like it if the input wouldn’t default to headphone mic if I plug in the wrong earbuds. Do you know how hard it is to find good earbuds with out a mic? Loving it so far though. Thanks. Slim

Can we have support for High resolution controllers and RPN/NRPN

I have 3 particular hardware units that I am trying to use alongside Cubasis…regular sequencing works well with these units…
Novation Circuit/Mininova/BassStation2
The Mininova and Circuit both use NRPN for a lot of the synthesizer controls
The BassStation 2 uses high resolution CC for the Filter (at least)

With the Hi Res CC, recording from the unit and playback seems to work fine, problem is that the 2 CC’s used for the additional bytes of data are displayed separately in the CC editor so editing these after recording is not really possible.

With the NRPN’s I would like to be able to create these from within the controller editor…

Can you please add support for both High Resolution CC and NRPN editing to cubasis.

many thanks

Midi Learn would be great. Even if it was limited to play,stop and record, ffw etc.

Juat got Cubasis btw and wanted to say that it is amazing!

Hi ProtoPablo,

Sidechain support is on our list for future upgrades.
In the meantime, it might make sense to look for apps that allow similar effects such as Audio Damage’s Pumphouse and the likes.

Hope that helps,

Lars

Proper File App integration in iOS 11

Step sequencer with “copy pattern to track” function.

Hello, there,
I really would like the next builds of Cubasis to include detailed channel level metering, both on single channels and master channel.
Something graduated more or less as shown in the attached picture (although values are incorrect).
Thank you,
Gianpaolo
2.jpg

Quite newbie with Cubasis, my feature request in priority order:

1. Subfolders in the MediaBay and integration with ios 11 File Manager
  2. Scale functionality for the keyboard
  3. Some kind of BM3 style drumpad instrument where we could import our own samples
  4. AU parameter automation

This would make Cubasis my only sequencing tool! At the moment it is a mix of BM3 and Cubasis and the workflow is not perfect…

Thanks in advance!

Insert bar(s) would be a very handy feature for when songwriting in cubasis!

Arranger track, for experimenting with song structure would great.

Sorry to be lazy and not read through all 50 posts first, but add my request for hierarchical folders for User Audio, etc. so that we can segregate sample, premix, mixdown, source etc. audio into folders. Also, some audio material is cross-project / multi-project resource audio, while other audio files are project-specific (guitar solo, take 2 from Song XYZ). All folder structure should be create-able and accessible from any file-sharing technology or service. Lastly, MULTIPLE-file import. One file at a time is vintage Pro-24. It’s 2017. That’s all for now! Cheers.

Copy and paste eq and channel strip settings would be handy too!

We might have something better available soon…

:smiley: excited!

Also please include some presets in Cubasis FX for example eq and channel strip.

First time posting, as I am a Nuendo user and wanted to pick up and use Cubasis for ios for on the go tasks when traveling and to mix up and add a new work flow. Also, I am assuming this feature requests is for the ios platform and I am learning my way around the app so if these features are already implemented, then my apologies.

Features I would like to see are:

*Ability to add/drop markers and cycle markers.
*Able to import/export/edit cycle markers.
*Ability to batch export cycle markers.
*More streamlined and easier 2-track audio editing.
*Ability to export a session from iOS Cubasis and open in Cubasis and Nuendo.
*Ability to have a staff notation view/editor.

Keep up the great work and hope to see the updates in the future.

Hi KoBro,

Thanks for the feature suggestions!

It is possible to open Cubasis projects with Cubase via the Cubasis Project Importer.
Here is a great tutorial about how it works: http://musicappblog.com/cubasis-workshop-2/

While the Cubasis Importer officially supports dedicated Cubase versions only (see website link below for more details), there should be no issues using it with Nuendo same way.

Download link and more information:

Best,
Lars

Hey Lars,

Thanks for the info for opening ios Cubasis sessions into Cubase and Nuendo. Such a game changer for me to do other misc work on an iPad and moving the session to and from desktop. Now if we can knockout those other requests. :smiley:

Thanks!

Hi, ok my feature request:

1. Ability to adjust the width of the mixer so you can see more tracks at once.

2. Option to NOT have a project auto save when you close cubasis (i.e. a save project button)

Please please please add proper time signature support! As it stands this is the 1 feature that prevents me from using cubasis on a daily basis. I write Prog music which often has 7/8, 9/8 and other sigs, often changing from bar to bar. Even Bon Jovi’s living on a prayer has a single bar of 3/4 in amongst the 4/4 bars, its hardly an out there request!

1 Like