Feature Requests - Cubasis

Hi I posted this in the wrog forum (LE) but this is it: User Folders in media bay. This is the reason I don’t use Cubasis at 100% and I don’t thing this can be that difficult to add such essential feature. Please consider to add user folders.

Love the new classic machines but I would great to be able to adjust start point end point release and tuning.

For instance the low 808 BD has a click at the front which is great for some things but it would be nice to dull it down with a quick tweak.

Hi Style45,

Thanks for your positive comments about the Classic Machines IAP.

Please note that the instrument inspector tab allows attack and release value changes per instrument.
Slight changes of the tuning are possible via the pitch wheel in the keys/pad section.

Hope that helps…

Best,
Lars

DRAG AND DROP!!! I want to be able to preview LOTS of samples without having to fully import them first! When I preview one or more from a list, I want to easily drag and drop them into a track or mini sampler instrument.

Also…sf2 player, mini sampler support for velocity layering. Ability to save imported samples with the project file (so they don’t have to display globally).

I would love to see the Chord track and chord tools hit the app. I primarily use it as a song writing tool, to get down rough ideas before throwing them into Cubase as a full fledged track. Better midi editing would be awesome too. I’d rather draw in notes than always having to perform them. I often get song ideas when away from the box, so Cubasis makes the most sense for the place to hammer those ideas out.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THESE FEATURES

ALONG WITH MIDI CC CONTROLABLE TRACK FADERS & MIDI LEARN

I even use this live performance also…

I would like to be able to see what note is being played on the piano roll when using a vst, such as groove agent, by having the key light up when you press the pad. Also, when you have a midi note on the piano roll, the key should be highlighted across the entire key so that you would not have to scroll back and forth.

Hi Shon79,

This forum is about Cubasis for iPad.
Please create a report in the appropriate Cubase forum.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi, Cubasis is in good hands and the right direction. I have some suggestion to improve the overall workflow:
-User folders and files support. This is so important to have files organized.
-Groups (routing audio, better mixes)
Bonus
-SFZ compatibility for the minisampler
I know things take time but I would like to use only one DAW (and I like Cubasis A LOT)

Better level meters peak/rms I would like to see the numbers where I’m at while mixing

Bus channels for grouping

Take the channel strip and eq off of the effects slots. Now that we have a choice to have a waves channel strip it doesn’t make sense to have two channel strips equipped to a track therefore if we want to use the waves its a wasted slot, same for if we want to use Q10 the studio eq is wasting an effects slot.

More waves plug ins of course lol… 1176, saturation, transient designer etc

I agree with the samples organization right now I use Cubasis for mixing and creation I use BM3 for creation because I have a ton of samples I’ve imported about 100gb worth and I use Auria Pro for my mastering studio.

Honestly with these few suggestions I could use Cubasis for everything!!!

P.S. I’ve started loading my samples into Cubasis just taking forever because I have to load them in kit by kit and create the kit before I upload more samples

I’m a long time user I mixed and mastered many albums using Neudo 3 so I’ve been with Steinberg for a long time

I really agree with these changes, especially the better meters and bus channels.

Another feature I could really use is a “nudge” feature for the mixer track level sliders.
I find myself trying to fine tune mixes and needing to move the sliders a tiny amount, like a millimetre, this is tricky to do with a finger on a touchscreen.
I noticed that tapping the slider groove above or below the slider control does not do anything at this time. It would be great if this action could nudge the slider in 0.1 dB steps in either direction. (the step side could be a user setting but 0.1 dB would be perfect for me)

642Carl

Just to be clear on utilizing folder access and being able to create our own folders for samples or whatever. If you look at what Beatmaker does in the “FILES” section of iOS (see pic) it makes it super easy to import/export all sorts of wonderful things.

…we can add that to the list of…

-swap out native channel strip and eq for our own
-bus channels (sends arent quite as effective, if at all)
-higher resolution visual representations of the waveform when zooming in. Sometimes when i try to get super precise when adjusting some timing aspects, i find that its hard to match visually which would sometimes make it much easier than simply hearing it.

Otherwise, simply an awesome little DAW you have going here! Ive almost exclusively gone to the ipad to create.

That’s what I’ve done by I want to go strictly Cubasis and show people albums can be done here you don’t need Logic Pro or Pro tools. An iPad and Cubasis is my future.

I want to see support for the Files Apps, anything else can wait.

hi lars, quick question - is there a way to quickly mute midi notes without having to use the velocity faders?

thanks!

Hi thechi,

Thanks for your message.

As of yet, it is not possible to mute individual MIDI notes within events.
The request is included on our list for future updates.

Best,
Lars

ok thanks for confirmation - good to know i am not missing something,

it could just be a an extra function below the ‘length’ function in the piano roll maybe - will make muting notes in larger midi arrangements much less difficult.

thanks for such a game changing product!

the most wanted Feature for me is:

drag’n drop from the iOS Files App directly into the Sequenzer area,
or in case of the mini-sampler to the note area…

would be great :stuck_out_tongue:

My list of samples and projects is now becoming unmanageable in Cubasis! Folder creation and groupings is an absolute must for the next update as I’m spending more time scrolling through audio than making music! Keep up the good work guys! (