Feature Requests - Cubasis

I want Cubasis for Android!

1 Like

Support for AuV3 MIDI so that I can use Bram Bos’s outstanding Rozeta suite with Cubasis. The possibility to route more than one MIDI source to the same track is also a must.

MIDI out transpose! (All MIDI output from CUBASIS is somehow being automatically transposed up an octave through interapp MIDI or hardware output. I’d like to be able to NOT have this happen or at least tell CUBASIS to take it down an octave internally.

Hey Steinberg, Thanks for the 2.4 update and adding the folders feature and File App integration - that is helpful. I am still having a problem getting it to work properly, though. First, when I open the Files App on my iPad Pro, I can see the local Cubasis file structure and I can create any kind of folder structure I like - such as organizing my projects into folders based on clients and shows I am working on - inside the iOS Files App. But when I go into Cubasis, I can’t see any of those folders in the Projects List. The other problem I am having is that I can’t, for example, put a group of audio files into a series of folders, then put those folders into another, master folder I have created and have that structure appear inside Cubasis. The Media window inside Cubasis seems to want to put all those folders at the same root level. Any way I can view a deeper folder structure inside Cubasis? I only ask because many of us who compose professionally like to have a more sophisticated folder structure with lots of content on hand that we can browse in an organized manner without having to scroll through a lot of co-mingled files.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything but the god honest truth is we would love a dang near fully fledged daw. A daw we won’t have to go back to the computer or to another daw on iOS (in my case Auria Pro) to finish the mixing and mastering process. The truth is I have left the laptop/desktop for music and don’t regret it a bit but if I was to go back to it I wouldn’t buy a Cubase, Ableton Live, or even Pro Tools. I would just be a strictly Logic Pro X man as I was. Why? 1. Logic Pro X is as good a daw as any and 2. It’s $200… The value is ridiculous!!! That being said I love my iPad I have no problem investing in an app I bought Cubasis at $50 not on sale like some people chose to wait for. I have all the iap’s. Could we at least match Auria Pro? As long as Steinberg has been making a daw why is machine labs ahead with features? I paid the same money for both apps heck I owned the first Auria so I paid $50 for that and $40 for the upgrade to Auria Pro. The truth is Cubasis is strong in music making that’s where Auria falls short and Auria is strong at mixing and mastering, that’s where Cubasis falls short. Maybe Cubasis 3 could be “Cubasis Pro”? I’ll pay $50 just to be equal to Auria!!! I love the interface, the workflow, the waves plug ins, and now the file managing but, give us that complete daw. I don’t like asking feature by feature and bugging you guys in the process. Look your a great company with a great product complete it I’ll pay!!! But in the mean time give me my 2 plug in slots back sheesh!!! Lol seriously though I don’t want those plugs in my slot unless I put them there hahahaha… Keep up the great work looking forward to you all being my only daw in the future!!!

1 Like

Most importantly.

Agreed. Please add more options for time signature and inserting different meters within a progression. Being limited to x/4 makes Cubasis almost useless to me. For example, trying to do 4 measures of 8/8, one measure of 3/8, and back to four measures of 8/8.

Time signature options should be a high priority. We don’t all work in a quarter note time signature, or keep the same meter throughout a project.

I do think there are some key features missing from Cubasis.

1. It would be nice to control Cubasis using MIDI controllers. Mapping MIDI CC to control Audio Unit parameters, write automation for plugins, and of course do the transport.
  2. Real loop function for MIDI/Audio regions instead of Copy/Paste. This has been the PITA to me for a long time.
  3. Full-sized Audio Unit window. It is somehow limiting that the Audio Unit window can only be large as half the screen, especially when you are using an external keyboard and want to get hand of more controls of some complex plugins (let’s say Moog Model 15).
  4. Re-order the insert/send effects. Currently it can only be done by removing plugins and then adding them again, all parameters will be lost unless you save the paramaters as preset first.
  5. Direction lock for the Piano Roll that allows us to zoom along just one direction.
  6. Slide up/down to change velocity/aftertouch/modulation for the on-screen keyboard.

I know I may ask for too many. But I do love Cubasis and want it to be the best DAW for mobile music production.

This ^ 1000.

I only purchased Cubasis recently and was looking forward to throwing a bunch of my favourite sample packs into it so I could get some writing done on a holiday in the near future. I have the same issue. It seems as though Cubasis cannot deal with user-generated subfolders. I can’t deal with all my folders being in the root folder, especially since this requires manually moving every individual sample into their folders using Files App (which is very slow), as Cubasis throws everything into the Audio/User directory without maintaining the original folder structure.

This issue could really use some attention, Steinberg pals! (Unless we’re doing it wrong, of course. In which case: pls send halp.)

Chords and Scales

It would be immensely helpful if I can choose the project to be in a certain scale and root key, which will carry across throughout the entire project, similar to Garageband and Logic. I believe that I can copy and paste a scale track-by-track, but setting it on the project level and having it cascade throughout would be way easier.

Also, I know that in the pads mode that there’s a limit of 16 pads, but my wish is that it can extend to 64 pads, similar to Maschine Jam and Beatmaker. It just would make things that much more flexible, especially when one doesn’t know chords.

Just my twos; thank you!
V.

What I am really missing is the ability tonsave chord pad presets, to set scales and an arpeggiator.
I really can’t understand why there is no arp, at least for micrologue. The chord pads would perfectly work with an arp :slight_smile:

Hi there, what I would LOVE to have is the ability to open .cpr files, ESPECIALLY if I would be able to access the VST Transport from Cubasis, would make travelling to & from work or on remote location productive. Is this ever a possibility?
Thanks so much!

Detailed tempo changes for film composers would be amazing, because I use Cubasis to check my stems before recording

Although not part of the list, I would like to request the support of adding video to a timeline, with a preview screen. This would make scoring video projects amazing.

Groove templates or a humanise option would be grand.

Also allow midi control of transport would be helpful as well

Thanks for this poll. Can you please also fix the unreliable and never really working „Send Midi Clock“ option?

I‘ve been trying to sync Cubasis with Fugue Machine, Samplr and it has turned out frustrating for me to say the least. It seems none of the popular, sequenced iOS apps that are being used by most of us are not really working in sync with Cubasis.

The “Hardware Latency” does not seem to be a latency for hardware, but also for Apps. Right?
Then why not call it Latency as numerous other Apps do?

Also, what shall that be “Low” and “Medium”???
That helps nothing!
Please write the actually latency, so that it can easily be adjusted for other Apps!

I would like punch in/out to replace the audio you’re trying to correct, not just create a new bit of audio which has to be spliced into the original. This is just too much faffing about. I’ve gone back to my original DAW, Multitrack DAW, because of this for my original recording.

I’d really love to see a drum machine like in BeatMaker 3 ala MPC style to play and load samples and easily jam. I to this day find it slow and hard to add beats. I tried DM1 but since it’s not an AU it is not easy and slow.

Please offer LEGATO in Micrologue and Microsonic. Micrologue has Glide but no Legato. Microsonic has Attack which can be suppressed for overlapping notes (while a note is held down and another note is tapped, it should skip the attack phase for the new note giving a Legato). Legato is missing in Cubasis sorely.

Currently, Cubasis can scrub audio tracks. Please offer to optionally scrub MIDI notes with play head based on a config setting switch to scrub MIDI notes or not.