Feature Requests

use menu Song/Song Part Triggers

That’s nice once parts have some trigger assigned, but not for Parts with no trigger previously assigned. Otherwise, it says this:

So I still need to click them in via the timeline, even if in an arbitrary place that I’ll then edit to the correct beat/time. It’s just an example of having to do extra steps that don’t seem necessary or intuitive. The intuitive thing is to add a Part, click on the trigger and edit it.

Hello everybody.

I really appreciate the fact that in the layers there is the possibility to choose MSB, LSB and CC

For me, who also have external hardware modules / keyboards to drive, it would be very useful to have at least some midi parameters available in each layer. For example the Reverb and Chorus send, and it would be very convenient to have other freely assignable “slots” with selectable Control Change.

Thank you!

Chords, Lyrics, and Notes are per Song, not per Part.

From the PDF: “Each Song in VST Live is composed of one or more sequential Parts. Traditionally, these Parts represent Song structure such as “Verse”, “Chorus” and “Bridge”.”

Again, maybe it’s me just being dense, but in my mind often all the verses share the same chords as do all the choruses - at least for many Songs. So, it seems like when I copy a Part that is “Verse 1” to a new “Verse 2”, it would be really nice is the Chords that are the defining attribute of the Verse were copied as part of the Verse.

Is there any easy way to work with chords? How would I quickly get a hundred or so chords (100 bars x 1 chord each) quickly into a song? Can they be imported from MIDI?

1 Like

yes! that thing should also be available for stacks, thanks.

That potentially moves the Part to another place, it might jump away from its edit position.
Usually, you are at a certain position within the Song and want to place your Part there, a single click is sufficient. If you want to work more extensively with Part triggers, you are better off with the Song/Song Part Triggers option. Sure, you will have to add those Parts first, but that’s likewise true for your prefered method of typing the trigger position.
Nevertheless we will check how it could be implemented as direct input and re-schedule Part focus, and provide an Add Part option in the triggerlist editor.

The Chords Module is supposed to be a quick “on-the-fly” leadsheet type of tool. You may use Cubase and import for larger extends. Nevertheless, we are looking into extending editing features for block copy etc.

You’d probably want to use plugins for reverb, chorus etc. But it’s a valid point.

“Shared Stacks”? Probably not, but the Global Part should make up for that.

hello and thanks for your answer! I wish I could also use the internal effects of the hardware machines … for example on my integra I can have two effects and control the send for each midi channel

We are looking into it right now :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. multiple loop regions (with different trigger options for next part)
  2. Trigger options: immediately, on Bar, on Beat (like in Ableton live)
  3. all parameters controllable via midi track
  4. Automation
  5. Key Editor
  6. IO Matrix
  7. Global FX (like fg. a Looper plugin, loaded in all songs)
  8. Global routing
5 Likes

…and it would be time for Steinberg to rebuild Mobius Looper with all the features of the original software but with a modern ui. It´s open source now and there is still nothing similar on the market yet. I would easily pay around 300 to 500€ for that software, but only if it provides me with the features of the 2012 Mobius release…

1 Like

Hi there.

Today I played along a bit and tried to setup a live set list.
But there was one big problem (amongst smaller others and some they were already be mentioned) :

An instrument can only have one midi input.

I have no wheels on my Piano at home, so i use another controller to change modulation or expression.
But if i setup a layer to midi 1, which is my piano, I am not able to use the mod wheel of my controller, which is midi 2.

So a “all midi” option in midi input selection of the layers would be very useful.

Maybe this would be implemented with a full customization of midi controls and setup

3 Likes

I was thinking about giving this a try till I read it doesn’t handle tempo and time. To me that should have been part of the initial release if you are going to have MIDI and AUDIO tracks.

Suggestion:
How about TIme & Measure overlay with the name of the piece, plus a streamer and hit based on markers? ie: Zimmer’s tour which uses Cubase.

It does handle tempo+signature for MIDI tracks, but no tempo/signature track yet, scheduled for version 1.1.
Overlay and image are in the planning, what you mean by “streamer and hit”?

1 Like

It´d be very useful to be able to add an image (jgp,png) at the end of a video track so that when song finishes and stops the image stays on screen until next song starts.
At the moment I can add an image file but nothing happens.

1 Like

Still not possible to access all my vst fx. The list appears truncated if you have a lot of them (I have several bundles , Air, Kilohearts, Arturia, NI, several Waves and Melda)

please correct that.

This is not a feature, this is a must.

This is something used in foley, but is something that is also very useful as visual cue’s for live performers in a band in addition to a click.

There’s several videos taken by fans on HZ’s tour a few months ago. Here’s an example. Look closely and the TV monitor down in the lower right. You’ll see it has what looks like a white bar…that’s actually the track name.

You’ll see how the streamer moves across the screen then the punch is the white dot. I’m implementing this into my live shows for the other musicians and it’s a great enhancement to just a click.

Ah, overlays…we have that with VST Connect (for ADR), and will add more video features like these to VST Live.

2 Likes