I currently have a Presonus interface and will soon be upgrading to a UA Volt interface. I was ready to shell out $50 for Cubasis, if the Cubasis LE trial turned out as good as I was expecting. Instead, I walked away empty-handed. I was stopped by your Cubasis LE unlocking requirement. Is Cubasis only compatible with a very few Harman products?? Really?!!

The audio interface in my Yamaha P-125 (yes, a Harman product), the original P-125 not the new 125a w/out audio interface, would not even unlock your Cubasis LE Trial. A 30 minute demo mode is not enough time to check out your product, so I uninstalled it and came right here to share my experience and try to get some answers.

Do you have a list of hardware compatible with Cubasis, or was that it—the Cubasis LE unlocking list?

A fully compliant USB audio interface should be all that’s needed. If that’s all Cubasis needs, then why put a pre-Sales roadblock in the way of a potential customer? Your Marketing strategy evades me.

Hi @Johne1,

Thank you for your message.

iOS

Cubasis for iOS comes bundled with a wide range of audio interfaces, which unlock a dedicated LE feature set once the device is connected to the iPhone or iPad. See all bundled audio devices on the Cubasis LE website at: What Is Cubasis LE | Steinberg.

Android

Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.

In addition, the performance of the app is strongly related to the devices in use.

Therefore you can freely download our Cubasis LE Trial for Android app version, to make sure everything works as expected before you purchase the full app version.

This trial version includes a smaller feature set of Cubasis which you can test with your given devices in a 30 minute demo mode, which can be restarted as often as you like. Also, feel free to delete the tracks of the preloaded demo to replace them with your own recordings.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe
& warm greetings,
Lars

I have an iPad and iPhone, not Android. But thanks.

Hi @Johne1,

I have an iPad and iPhone, not Android. But thanks.

That makes the feedback much shorter… please find the list of bundled hardware devices to unlock the app from demo moderight here:slight_smile:

Thanks
Lars

Lars,

I appreciate your replies.

As I said, IF Cubasis supports fully compliant USB interfaces, which 99% are, then you have a huge market base to sell to. If that’s the complete list of interfaces supported, then I have no use for Cubasis. Thanks for clearing that up.

Without Scarlett, the most sold interfaces on the planet, that can only be considered a narrow range of audio interfaces supported, not a wide range. There are so many interfaces missing from that list, that Cubasis Marketing is really restricting the user base for Cubasis. That’s a shame. It looks like a great product.

We’re staying warm here in Texas. Lol
You stay safe, too. It’s a crazy world we’re living in.

John

Yes, I see that list. My Presonus and future Universal Audio Volt 2 are both missing from that list. Sighs of disappointment.

I was so excited to get an iPad DAW that works a lot more like the one’s I used to use when I had a MacBook. I’m really enjoying Dorico for iPad and it would be great to pair it up with a DAW for iPad from Steinberg, too. The ball’s in your court, Steinberg, to make that happen.

Take care, Lars, and thanks for trying to help me!

John

Hi @Johne1,

Cubasis LE comes bundled with a wide range of audio devices which unlock a dedicated LE feature set. That does not mean that Cubasis does not work with other audio devices…

Cubasis for iOS fully supports classic compliant devices!

Simply give the freely downloadable Cubasis LE version a check. If it works as expected you may purchase the full app version…

Best,
Lars

Ah, that’s more like it. Thanks, Lars!

I’m going to take the plunge and buy Cubasis in the Apple App Store.

Much thanks,

John

Lars,

I just purchased Cubasis. I will hit the Tutorials and, no doubt, be back here with questions and asking for help.

Thanks again, Lars!

John

Lars, within minutes I had it working. I’m happy to report that, so far, the complete rewrite of Cubasis 3.5 is working flawlessly on my iPad Air 3 with 256GB of storage and only 3GB of RAM. Will see how it does with some plugins loaded, but so far it’s snappy and working great!!

Hi @Johne1,

Glad to read that Cubasis 3.5 is working flawlessly on your iPad!!

Here are some links to a few tutorials, which are hopefully of help to get started with Cubasis in near to no time…

Getting started with Cubasis
Additional Cubasis tutorials

There is much more to find at the same space…

We hope you will enjoy using Cubasis!!

Stay safe
& warm greetings,
Lars

Thanks, Lars!

I’m already digging how simply Cubasis works.

Can I use Cubasis with Dorico for iPad to transfer music back and forth? It would be great if I could take my Cubasis work into Dorico and get sheet music of my creations, and vice versa, bring in the sheet music and have tracks generated to play my music. Is any of that possible, at this time?

Thanks!

Hi @Johne1,

Cubasis does not support notation as of now, unfortunately!

Best,
Lars

Hi @LSlowak ,

Thanks for the quick answer.

Cheers,
John

1 Like