Fender Rhodes Sound

Not for everyone, but sometimes it fits a song better than a sampled instrument.

Again not for everyone, advantages are size, cpu-load and IMHO fits easier in mix than some more accurate EP’s.
There is a Demo version to try.

100% agreed!!!

I looked at this and as a guitar player with rudimentary keyboard skills this was too expensive for me, as good as it might be. The ep88 suits me fine. However good to know about all these options.

Based upon the discussion above I purchased the Scarbee EP88. It seems to be an update of the Scarbee Mark 1 which I really liked. I do think it sounds a bit better and is probably the better option. Given that there are some very good EP VSTs it seems that the usefulness of a particular one is often down to where you want it to sit in the mix. Some of them seem to be so “in your face” that they can be hard to tame in the mix. In my case the EP is not usually upfront for the whole song (e.g. Stevie Wonder), nor does it sit way in the back. The Scarbee VSTs work for me and are pretty versatile.

Cheers,
Ricardo79

Exactly my experience. The Scarbees(though great) are often just too much if you onlu need some accompanying chords.