Figured Bass Passing Notes

Using Dorico’s new figured bass, I want to add a dash above a bass note to indicate a passing note as taught many moons ago at music college and which is common for Mozart and others. I have tried everything but can find no way of doing this using the figured bass input.

I have also tried searching and viewing the videos but can find no mention of this.

Is this possible or will I have to try using text input.

Thanks.

1 Like

You want to show just a dash, not a hold line or suspension connected to a preceding figure? If so, then yes, you will need to add it using Shift+X text.

Thanks Daniel.

I’ve just come across the same issue. A while ago I transcribed a Michael Haydn piece and put in the figured bass with Figurato, rendering the passing note dashes as a lyric extenders. This sort of worked but looks - and is - wrong. I want to revise the score by using the native Dorico figured bass function. Any chance of Dorico being able to put in the dashes from the Shift-G popover in a future update?

1 Like

Same request here…

We don’t have any concrete plans for this at the moment, but it’s something we may be able to add in a future version.