File corrupt

Hi, importing a short 2 page Messiaen piece for vocal and piano from Finale.
Save it as a Dorico file. All fine but after small editing next time trying to open it
Error message: This is not a Dorico file. Ok, import the xml again, save, close and open Ok.
Small editing, adding a text gracieux, next time trying to open: Error message: Is a Directory.

Here’s the xml and the corrupt Dorico file saying is a direcory.

Jesper
Paysage.dorico.zip (442 KB)
Paysage.xml.zip (13.9 KB)

I’ve tried to reproduce this but I haven’t been able to. Do you just open the score and create a text item ‘gracieux’ and then save? That works for me.

I can’t open your dorico file, I get an error message, but it doesn’t say why it can’t open it.

First I added a tempo Moderato in the first bar and changed the text to: Très modéré.
Then added the gracieux text on the second note in the vocal part and copied it to the
first bar of the piano. That’s it.

Jesper

Actually replaced the 8va in the last bar for a new 8va over the first two beats also.

Tried a third time doing the same things and so far no problem.
Will let you know if it happens again. Strange thing that got 2 different errors.
Both “is a directory” and “is not a Dorico file”

Jesper

I got the “is a Directory” message.

Thanks Marc.

Jesper

Strangely, hasn’t happened since.
Here it is.

Jesper
Paysage3.dorico.zip (424 KB)

Nice work ! In bar 8, you must cut the tie in “hésitent” and put a slur instead. And re-write “tent” in order to make it really clean :wink:
Is it normal that there is no note attached to the end of “poussière” in this same bar ?

Thanks Marc.

Jesper

Some minor adjustments.

Jesper
Paysage3.dorico.zip (424 KB)

Is it normal that there is no note attached to the end of “poussière” in this same bar ?

No, should be a quarter note tied to an eight note.
Fixed.

Jesper
Paysage3.dorico.zip (425 KB)