File Crashes Dorico

I was working on a project yesterday, everything working fine. Today, every time I try to open the file it crashes Dorico. I already tried restarting my computer. I’d love to recover the file if possible. Here is a link to the file:

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.1 MB)

Thanks for providing us with your project, and your diagnostics. The good news is that your project itself is actually fine, but it’s triggering a bug in the playback processing code that is causing Dorico to crash. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your project will open correctly in Dorico 5.1, which will be released next week. Hopefully you can hang on until then? If not, let me know.

For what it’s worth, your file opened for me in Dorico 4 .

Also, if you need help in remembering how far you had got, make a copy of the project, change the file type from “.dorico” to “.zip” and then expand it. Inside the folder which is created is a folder called “supplementary_data”. Inside that is a folder called “preview”. Inside that is a file called “preview.pdf”. Open that PDF. I have attached it here
preview.pdf (106.7 KB)

Thanks for the info. I can shuffle my schedule around and come back to this after the update is released.

That’s super handy to know, thanks! In this case I was working on expression map and playback template stuff and I’ll just wait until the update to get back into the work I was doing there.

1 Like

Update: Dorico 5.1 does indeed load this file just fine. Thanks!

1 Like