File disappeared (iPad)

So I started using Dorico a few days ago and I’ve already made a lot of progress on a score. But when I opened Dorico today I saw that my score disappeared. I searched every possible file location on my iPad but it was nowhere to be found.

There was something happening like that some days ago. Are you sure you are running the latest Dorico Version? I think this has been resolved.

No update available

Here’s the thread I was remembering…!

I never got any notification and the file is nowhere to be found in the icloud drive, so the file is really gone

Wow…
I completely remade my score and I thought: ‘hey, what if i export it to midi and then share the midi file with myself via mail. Like that i will always be able to recover the file if it disappeared again.’
But because I’m a beginner I didn’t know how to export it to midi. So I left the app to do a quick internet search…
When I came back the file was gone again.

So I started using dorico a while ago and i created a score but the next day the file was gone.

I completely remade my score and I thought: ‘hey, what if i export it to midi and then share the midi file with myself via mail. Like that i will always be able to recover the file if it disappeared again.’
But because I’m a beginner I didn’t know how to export it to midi. So I left the app to do a quick internet search…
When I came back the file was gone again.

Please don’t create duplicate threads.

1 Like

@gustmaes1, I’m sorry that it appears your file has gone. It very probably has not, but you may need to wait for the next update to recover it, because the Dorico folder that should appear within your iCloud Drive folder in the Files app is currently hidden, and we need to update the app in order to make the folder show again.

If you send me a direct message including the email address you use as your Apple ID, I will send you an invitation to test an updated version of Dorico for iPad via TestFlight, which should allow you to recover your project.

Reviving an old thread, but a similar thing has just happened to me.

I decided I would use the annotation feature in Dorico on the iPad to make rehearsal notes on a score. I thought this way I will save printing out another copy just for this purpose, annotating it in pencil or pen, and then having to throw it away when I make the corrected copy.

So the score (created on a Mac) was uploaded to iCloud and then opened on the iPad, and during the rehearsal I annotated it according to the comments made. This annotated copy was certainly saved on the iPad and was present there later that day and probably on subsequent days.

But some weeks later, when wanted to produce the revised score, I looked for the annotated score on the iPad, and it just gave a message ‘file not found’. It was not present on the iPad. was able to re-download the score from iCloud, but it was the original, with no annotations. I cannot remember all the comments and corrections that were made at the rehearsal, so the exercise has been a failure, making me think I should have stuck to traditional hard-copy methods. Not very good, Dorico.

Sorry to hear about this, David. I’m not sure what might have happened here. Do you see any previous versions of the project if you check the file history on the iCloud web site?