When import audio file with same name, Cubase Pro 9.0.1 (on Windows 7), replaces a file content (in project folder) that has been imported previously.
To recreate the problem…
- Create empty project and select Project Folder.
- Add an audio track
- Open MediaBay
- Drag from MediaBay audio file (for example: file 03.mp3) from folder 1 (first file), to project audio track.
- in Import options select “Copy file to workig Directory” and press OK button. (after this, in project folder, Cubase create this wav file (for example: file 03.wav - copy of first file)
- Drag from MediaBay another file with same name (for example: file 03.mp3) from another folder (second file), to project audio track.
- in Import options select “Copy file to workig Directory” and press OK button.
- Cubase replace content of first file (03.wav) to content from second file in proiject folder. But in Project Pool displayed as 2 files - “03” and “03 (2)”, and when play “03” in pool or in project , this file content same as in “03 (2) !!! and in project, this clips have different waveforms, but when play - they have same audio content (from second file)”. And in project folder we have only one file - “03.wav”
2. Cubase show error: “Cannot convert this type of file!”
This is a very big problem, because I can not be normal to use the program. I have a lot of different folders with different sounds that have the same file names. And the program replaces the contents of these files in a project when you import them. (this problem was in 8.5.20, and now in 9.0.1)
My system: Cubase 9.0.1, Windows 7 64bit