"File name already exists" error

Hi,
This has happend a few times already,where upon exporting the mix, towards the end of the export Cubase will give the message “File <name> already exists” (which it didnt, it was a freshly named export) and promptly give a fatal red cross error and freeze, with end process needed to close it.
Sort of like towards the end of the export it would try to export it again by itself.
The resulting file then has a 1kb size only.

Here is the DMP file in case someone can take a look and help. I am trying to finish a project for a client, with many stems needed and I worry it may keep doing it.

Thank you!

I’ve had this exact same problem on multiple projects, glad to see someone else mention it. It’s cost me a lot of time. It didn’t happen on any version before C13 (all the way back to SX!).

Attached are a few crash files.
Cubase 13-2024-03-12-215314.ips (188.9 KB)
Cubase 13-2024-03-12-214726.ips (220.2 KB)
Cubase 13-2024-03-12-212050.ips (211.2 KB)

Are you guy running windows?

I had a similar problem a few years back and it turned out to be my antivirus (never worked out why). Adding all of Steinberg’s Processes to my antivirus exceptions list inc any subfolders which includes the project folders solved this for me.

Hope this helps.

All the best

Interesting, thanks! I’m on Mac though, which doesn’t have an antivirus thing going on.

Did you see the warning about issues with Pace ilok and the latest Apple update?

Yes, but I’m still on Ventura (not the latest Sonoma).