File Name Blank Missing No Name

Hmmm… I have a couple audio files - that show up as blank names. There is no name on the timeline, none for information, and a blank shows up on the pull down for “bring to front.” What’s the dealeo? Audio is there. But no name.

I will bump this up. Again, I am recording tracks - over one another - a few of them on top of each other. Then I cut the bad parts out - scissor cuts - so that leaves some sections. When I want to bring a track to the front…sometimes - more often now - there is no track name. Perhaps when you cut a track up it might lose its track name information? Not sure. Anyone ever have this problem?

Is there perhaps a LIMIT on the number of tracks the LE version will keep track of (names on the timeline, or in the pull down) Thanks.

Is there perhaps a LIMIT on the number of tracks the LE version will keep track of (names on the timeline, or in the pull down) Thanks.

Now, the tracks have no audio. The track names are there, but there’s no audio. And I can not locate in pool…pool doesn’t open. Hmmmm. Strange days indeed. Quite peculiar momma…

Try trashing Prefs, see my sig.

Somehow the two specific bass files lost their Names in the pool /folder and simply were “.wav” files - I figured out which file was which - renamed them back and now have them back again. Strange days indeed.

Why in the world would I want to trash my preferences? That would wipe everything else out?

When strange things happen, it’s the most common cure.