Files missing! Help!

Hi folks,

I recorded a gig the other day and managed to fill my system drive. Although the project was saving to the project drive i think the pool filled up my system. All recording halted and I browsed to the pool and deleted the everything thinking that all the audio would be on my project drive anyway.

Due to large files size it deleted the pool permanently. I used piriform recuva today to recover the deleted files and I have managed to recover all but a few files. I have about 7 different projects/musicians sharing the same audio folder due to it being a live gig.

I recovered all the files to a folder and used the folder button on the missing files window to find the stems. This worked on 5 of the projects perfectly but the stems for the 6th & 7th are just not there. i have searched the whole computer with search function, run recuva 3 times and they are nowhere!

Any help very much appreciated. This is a stupid situation to be in. live & learn.

Depends. If by deleted the everything you meant that you removed the files from the pool, that does not delete the files off of your HD. If by deleted the everything you meant that you moved files to the trash and then emptied the trash, those files do in fact get deleted from your HD, and the only way to recover them is with recovery sw. And that won’t alays work, depending on how much writing you have done to the HD since.

I also don’t understand the “managed to fill my system drive” and “the project was saving to the project drive i think the pool filled up my system.” That doesn’t make sense. The HD that will be filled up is the drive that you are recording to - not both. If your record folder was set to the system HD, then that HD would be the one to fill up, and not the project drive. If your record folder was set to the proj HD, then that HD would be the one to fill up, and not the system drive.

Cheers.

I have a separate HD for my projects and that was where it was saved to. Half way through the session it said
that my system drive was full? I don’t understand why? I browsed to the pool directory which was on my system drive and deleted it all thinking i would still have all the stems on the project drive. Upon reopeneing the projects I had no wave forms and the files could not be found. Infuriating!

I had done no writing to the HD since. when I used the restore software but it just didn’t find the stems from one of the recordings. I have done a thorough search of the computer and it aint there!!!