Files opening at beginning?

One thing I’ve noticed since the 4.0.20 update is that when I open a saved file it always opens at the start of the flow, rather than where I was when I saved.

Is this an intentional change or a bug?

1 Like

I have noticed this too. The start of the first flow, if more than one. I haven’t confirmed it is the case with every file. (Other files I have tried reopening, I know I left them at the first page when I finished them.)

2 Likes

A couple of users have reported this to me, but I’ve been unable to reproduce it. I will keep trying, though.

Do let me know if there is any log that would be useful.

It happens 100% of the time for me.

1 Like

Same for me, But worse: I get a corner of the page down the bottom. Consistent and reproducible 100%.

Dorico 4.0.20

For me, Dorico opens with the hub behind whatever window I was previously working in. When I select the project I was just working on, it displays the top left of the first page of the (one Flow) score. It also resets my choice of hand tool to marquee tool. I have been unable to find a preference that will prevent this behaviour.

Consequently, it takes me a long time to get back to where I was.

David

I’ve been looking at this for a couple of hours and I can now reproduce the problem when tabs are shown; the problem seems only to occur both when the tab bar is showing, and when there are multiple tabs open. The zoom level is correctly restored, but the scroll position within the layout is not. I’m on the tail of the problem.

I only have the full score open and no tab bar visible.

David

You can choose whether the hand or marquee tool is chosen by default on the Note Input and Editing page of Preferences.

Great! Thanks. (I had looked for it in preferences, honest!)

For someone like me, who is severely challenged by understanding what icons refer to, and has only just this minute discovered the two icons at the top and what they access (tabs, and something else), the option of tool tips would be very helpful.

David

Yes, I see this too, and only have the default one tab open.