Filter Function is not efficient

Hello,

I was a Sibelius user, the filter function is almost as same as Dorico, but the ADVANCED filter function in Sibelius is really really fantastic and efficient.
Actually, this tool for me is very very important, I need to filter the specified notehead which I created, I also need to filter the specified note value. But it seems that Dorico would not update theses parameters. cause you say:

Note
There is no filter for barlines. You also cannot filter fingerings, beams, articulations, or tremolos, as they are considered part of the notes to which they apply.

I really need an advanced filter function in Dorico.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Florian. We are of course considering adding features like this in future versions of the software.

thank you so much

Thank you! I will +1 the advanced filter feature request. It would be great for it all to be in a dialog box too rather than just adding more items to the menu. I’m sure y’all will come up with an elegant way to query all of the different objects.

2 Likes

I also feel disappointed with filtering in Dorico compared to Sibelius. It’s not just that there are fewer features, it’s also that it seems haphazard in its organisation, rather than having a central dialog as @natemay suggests with a carefully thought out categorisation. But I’m sure Daniel et al are on the case and we’ll see improvements just as soon as is possible, taking into account all the competing demands.

I don’t agree that it’s haphazard in its organisation, not in the least. There are of course many different item types that can be filtered, and long lists are harder to work with than shorter ones. In Dorico 4, the contextual menu (i.e. when you right-click in the score) will be truly contextual, so only those filters that apply to the selected item(s) will appear in the menu. That should make it considerably easier to find the filters you are looking for.

7 Likes

perhaps I’ve never taken the time to work out the logic of its structure, in which case mea culpa! Anyway, there’s no doubt that putting the filters into context will be welcomed by many and I look forward to its implementation in Dorico 4.