Filter notes AND rests simultaneously

You are incorrect to disagree. It’s [Select, Filter, Repeat] (look once, mouse, keystroke, keystroke) vs [Select, Repeat, Select, Delete] (look first time, mouse, keystroke, look second time, move mouse again to new area, keystroke). And your version is only that simple when there’s only one thing to delete, and only one repetition. With text, pedal markings, dynamics, percussion legends, etc. it becomes even more tedious, then multiply that across dozens or hundreds such actions during the course of arranging project, and hopefully you begin to see the reason for the request.

Those are easy to tidy up afterwards in one go. Filter deselect notes. Delete

I would select the 1st bar, Shift-click the 2nd bar, and Command-click to deselect the unwanted items, then repeat.

2 Likes

I know Dorico and I know when to deselect or alt-click.
Is it so hard to acknowledge that filtering for notes and rests would be useful?

Filter notes and rest would be Situation agnostic. Thank you.

1 Like

Elaborating what I mentioned somewhat colloquially above, I could imagine a mechanism to select and combine different filters (maybe even using boolean operators somehow) and then being able to assign key commands to these aggregations.

Cheers
Benji

I have been following this thread with quite some interest, because, while it kept growing, I was working on the finishing touches of a Lua library which, among other things, enables users to do exactly what has been requested here:

GIF – See it in action

deselecting everything but notes and rests

I would like to invite you to have a closer look over in this thread.

3 Likes