Filter preset?

That you for such a detailed reply. I’d not realised you were involved in creating the profiles – excellent! I’m still not sure about which model I’ll get but I might go for the xl as I can always just use a couple of rows if necessary. Its probably also a little heavier and likely to stay in place e on the desk. The extra keys would also give more possibilities for other programmes such as Pro Tools.

I’d not realised that you can have several levels within Stream Deck and therefore, more buttons. From what you said, I am assuming that the software allows you to select and position the shortcuts/icons where you want them.

For me, it’s mostly about the things I got used to having easy easy access to in Finale, such as beam/unbeam and enharmonic changes – all of which were one keystroke. There are a few others which currently involve going into menus such as transpose and group/ungroup dynamics.

There are very few things miss from my 30 years of Finale and Dorico is amazing. However, two things I really miss are:

1. Being able to click in a bar and use the up/down keys to move the bar to the previous/following system – so quick.

2. Being able to hold down the opt+space and drag the mouse over the score to scrub through the audio – invaluable for making quick checks for errors and (with the shift key) isolating them by playing just the bar under the mouse.

Thanks again for your helpful reply.

Yes, the XL sits nicely on the desk - it has rubber feet if you like it horizontal, or a weighty stand that holds it around a 45 degree angle.

And yes, you can have a theoretically infinite number of folders and subfolders, meaning a theoretically infinite number of functions. Notation Express for the XL currently weighs in at about 400 buttons, but there are only 204 custom keyboard shortcuts under the hood, indicating that about 200 functions are actually things you can do easily from your computer keyboard (ranging from typing 6 to input a crotchet to triggering individual Playing Techniques).

The two numbered things you’ve mentioned just aren’t possible at this point. Notation Express certainly has single stroke beaming buttons and some form of enharmonic changes, though they’re unlikely to work in exactly the same way that Finale handles them. There’s certainly a “Respell Flats as Sharps” button (which filters all flat notes and then types Alt-=) and a “Respell Sharps as Flats” button (which filters all sharp notes and then types Alt–).

Yes – FInale has one key which toggles beaming on the selected notes. The bar-moving option is much less convoluted but I’ll get used to Dorico. Early days and I’m certainly not going back!

Thanks again for your help – I’ll get ordering.