Filtering pitches in a custom Tonality System

It is not possible to filter-select microtonally inflected pitches when using a custom Tonality System. I don’t know if there’s a plan to make this work in the future, along with transposing functions and Shift-I which likewise don’t work, or work poorly, in custom Tonality Systems.

But I have a suggestion that would be quite useful, perhaps also for standard notation, and does not seem difficult to implement. In addition to “select E flat”, “select E natural” etc. there could be an option “select all the E’s, whether chromatically altered or not”. So, when in the G clef, all the notes on the first staff line would be selected, whatever the accidentals. This selection would work for any microtonally altered notes.

Thanks for the suggestion, which I’ll certainly bear in mind.

Any news? The filtering of pitches is still unfunctional in non-12 Tonality Systems, and the above suggestion would be a simple and highly useful function. Also, many microtonal notation systems include traditional flats and sharps, so why couldn’t those notes be filterable?

I believe note filtering is done by actual pitch, as defined in the tonality system, as opposed to matching any symbols. This is why you can still filter for 12-EDO pitches in 24-EDO. Any system that defines, for example, D a different distance from C (other than 200 cents) would not allow you to filter for any D’s currently.

I’m fairly sure they would have to implement a whole new filtering feature for this kind of thing.