Finally got 11 license but now ALL my previous projects crash.....

I got the elicenser all set for 11. But now when I open any existing project (in 11 or 10.5) Cubase crashes. Literally every singe project. I’ve deleted preferences, etc. It’s odd, if I start an empty project I can open an existing project without activating it. The second I activate the old project I crash. I do see in my elicenser I have the activation for 11 but the one from 10.5 is no longer there. Could this be the problem? Maybe a plug-in conflict? Some plugin not compatible?

I’m a UAD Apollo X4 user, it doesn’t seem like that could be it.

Yesterday everything was rock solid. Not today.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!


Could you provide *.crash/dmp file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder or Crash Reports in macOS 10.15 (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Your new licence replaces the old one - but is valid for older versions of the product. Your crashing is not down to the licence. You are free to run Cubase 8 with a Cubase 11 licence if you wish, for example.

If you are opening an older project in the new update, don’t whatever you do hit Save in the new program! CTRL ALT S should save a new copy of your .cpr file! Provided you can get that far!

It looks like it’s a problem with the Arturia plugins. Anybody else notice Arturia problems?


There is a known issue with the latest Arturia plug-ins update (already reported with Cubase 10.5). The issue is, Arturia is storing some data to the project. So the project file is growing quickly and the project size gets unreasonable file size soon, then Cubase crashes.

Specfic affected plugins please (citation needed) I’ve not noticed any issues with the latest Arturia plugins in 10.5


This is the most specific thread I have found. But I remember, there were some others.

Update: Yep, it was Arturia. In the Arturia Software Center it said I was up to date on all the plugins. I did a Reinstall All for all Arturia V7. That did the trick. Hope that helps anybody else having similar issues.

For your information: