Finally in!!!!! Help needed re Key Commands..

Am finally in on 11, so keep persevering, it was the recover thing that worked.

I was wondering if someone could give me an idiot-proof guide into how to import my personalized key commands from 10.5, I have loads of them.

Help very much appreciated.

Thank you, in advance.

When I ran into this issue, I simply used to copy the relevant .xml from the previous Cubase version folder.
On Windows it’s at C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64

Hi,

Once you start Cubase 11 for the first time, it will migrate your Cubase 10.5 preferences, including Key Commands.

Well, it hasn’t migrated mine, was the same from 10 to 10.5.

Hi Martin, and thank you for responding, unfortunaterly my Key Commands and Preferences are not here, maybe I did something wrong…?

In C10.5 if I clicked the arrow, it would give me the option to select my list of presets, but does not, here. Also it does not have the option to import.

Thanks again.
C 11 KEY COMMANDS.JPG
c 10.5 KEY COMMANDS.JPG

Hi,

No, this is not the way. This way, you can import only very, very old Key Commands files.

If your preferences has not been migrated, you can quit Cubase and copy the KeyCommand.xml (or the whole folder) from Cubase 10.5 preferences folder to Cubase 11 preferences folder.

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64

@Martin… this happens to a lot of people (LIKE ME) every time. The key commands and other settings do NOT import automatically.

Is there some ‘trick’ to helping to insure that this happens reliably?

Hi,

I know about this issue. But it never ever happened to me. I just haven’t been able to reproduce it (and I have really tried my best). So myself I don’t know any trick and I even haven’t read/found any. Sorry.

Nothing transferred for me

Hippo

Maybe this is a Windows deal?

FWIW: I’m always nervous that if I copy XML files from one version to another I might somehow ‘hurt’ my install. I say that because, whenever I’ve had any problem with Cubase acting flaky and called SB Support, the first thing they say to try is to revert back to the default version of all those settings files.

Hi,

I do this time to time (testing something different). It always works with no problem to me.

But you’re on a Mac. It probably =shouldn’t= make a diff, but…

Hi,

I do this on both platforms time to time, with the same result = no problem with it.

My settings didn’t migrate

My settings did, it didn’t even need to rescan all my plugins. That was new to me and appreciated. BTW I am on windows and it is safe to copy the xml files. If you ever screw up you can just delete it and cubase will make a new fresh one.

My FX Chain presets were there.
I had to copy Key Shortcuts (that’s the big one if lost, but is ok) and Templates (though both no problem when you know how).
Trying to work out how to copy my Plug-In Manager lists, I think I may have to redo them.
Preferences I couldn’t find, but don’t mind redoing them.

For preferences I reopened Cubase 10.5 and saved a preference settings file. Then the file is created very close to where the Key Commands are.

Hi,

Do you mean profile in the Profile Manager in Cubase?

All sorted, Martin.

No, I mean the save function at the bottom of the preferences window