Find a VST in Cubase?

I have Cubase 7.5 and the new Komplete 10 Ultimate. How do I find the Komplete Kontrol as a VST in Project-Add track-Instrument? It’s not there. How do I get the dog chase the log? Can I ask Cubase to search for it? Can the problem be in the Kontrol area? I have the Kontrol S-series 49 - so I can use the transport from the keyboard. Yours Hans.

The better question is where did you have the Kontakt installer put the Komplete Kontrol dll? When I did the install it put it in a directory like /programfiles/NativeInstrumets/Komplete/64bit/xxx.dll and I had to manually copy it to a directory where Cubase monitors for VSTi.

Hi There

JM is right, it did the same with me, had to manually copy the dll files into the Steinberg VST directory I use. I think it comes from the “default” behaviour of the NI installers, I’ve got used to it now and always check where the installer wants to install the VST’s themselves

Best Regards

Dave

Alternatively you could create a plugin path to the Native Instrument folder where the dll file is.
Devices/Plugin Information > Add a Path. I have had the same problem with Komplete so there were a lot of dll’s in that folder.